SEO Best Practices, Google SEO Guide, WordPress SEO Plugins, And SEO Tools
SEO or search engine optimization is the process where webmasters uses techniques to improve visibility and rankings on the Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs). You will find many resources and information about best SEO practices out there, and while many are informative and useful, many are sheer crap and serves only for the purpose of either driving organic traffic to their own websites or worst yet, to make a sale.
Don’t get me wrong here, there are several people (me included) and companies that provides SEO Consulting, and just like anything else, there are those that are legitimate and actually delivers good results, and there are those who don’t. However, before hiring someone to do it for you, you should really take the time to DIY (do it yourself) first, and apply the best SEO practices, to see how it goes. At the very least, this will give you some training and experience, things you should know to be in a position to negotiate and discuss with future providers if you decide to take that route.
Search Engine Optimization can be technically complicated or right out simple if you are ready to put in the effort it requires. The most important effort that you have to put in is nothing but ACTION. Learning the process is one thing and is absolutely useless if you do not take action.
That said, here at iBlogZone and on my other websites, I have provided many SEO tips and resources to guide users to the process of optimizing for search engines without having to pay for expensive consultants (for the time being). What I provide here are those that I consider best, based on users feedback and my own experience. When implemented, they help a lot! In addition, I have also compiled external sources that are equally great and some good videos that are worth watching.
- Google Webmaster Academy (update July 2012)
- Google Webmaster Academy Videos (update July 2012 – great!)
- Google Best SEO Tips Ever (update January 2011)
- SEO Starter Guide by Google
- Building Smartphone-Optimized Websites (Recent Recommendations from Google)
SEO for startups in under 10 minutes (June 2012)
Maile Ohye from Google advises your startup as if she had only 10 minutes as your SEO consultant.
5 common mistakes in SEO (and 6 good ideas!)
Maile Ohye from Google covers the five most common errors she finds in SEO, and then concludes with six quick tips to make sure you’re on the right track.
How To Improve On Page SEO Using Bing Webmaster Tools
Bing webmaster tools has been recently revamped and many new features have been introduced. One of my favorite features is the SEO Reports and SEO analyzer. These tools help you identify and fix any on-page SEO problems your website may have. Its amazing!
- Mobile SEO – Just How Different Is It? (09/2012)
- How to Fix On-Page SEO Problems using Bing Webmaster Tools (June 2012)
- Private Blog Networks – Worst Backlink Building Strategy?
- How To Build A Fast WordPress Site, with Minimal Investment
- Pinterest Image Optimization, Using Pinterest for Brand Exposure
- How To Set Up Google Authorship Markup With rel=author, Real Simple Way (highly recommended)
- Inbound Marketing Resources
- Make Your WordPress Site Load Faster Or Be Left Behind
- The Best SEO Practices and Tips 2012 (January 2012)
- Top Tools To Improve Site Speed Performance And Your Online Business (update: May 2011)
- How To Build High Quality Sites? (update: May 2011)
- Speed Up, Boost Your Home Based Business With CloudFlare (update: May 2011)
- Google Launches Page Speed Online, The Web Faster (update: May 2011)
- How Well Do You Optimize Your Content For Search Engines? (update: April 2011)
- How To Use Alexa For Simplified SEO
- Make Money Using Google’s Analytics Data
- 3 Step Guide To Simple SEO Article Writing
- The Best SEO Tips And Practices For 2011 (updated April 2011, SLRP included – highly recommended)
- Why Article Marketing Should Not Be A Part Of Your SEO Strategy?
10 Myths That Scare SEOs But Shouldn’t
Ran Fishkin of SEOmoz, tackles some SEO myths that might scare you but shouldn’t. From keyword density to reciprocal linking, lets set the record straight about some of the myths out there. This is particularly important after the fuzz about Google’s recent Penguin update.
SEO WordPress Plugins
- Best WordPress SEO Plugins For 2012 – Part 1 (January 2012)
- Best SEO Plugins For WordPress 2012 – Part 2 (January 2012)
- 11 Must Have WordPress Plugins For Your Home Based Business
- Top SEO Plugins For WordPress
- Best WordPress and SEO Plugins 2011, Take Two (June 2011 – newly introduced SEO plugins)
- Best SEO Tools For 2012 (February 2012)
- Monitor SEO Progress With Free SEO Reports And Tools (update: December 2010)
- Bing SEO And Webmaster Tools
- 5 SEO Keyword Tools – Get Discovered
- How To Discover Your Keywords On Search Engines
- Ad Intelligence: Advanced Keyword Research Tool
- Bing SEO Toolkit – One Of The Best SEO Tools
- 11 SEO Tools For Effective Search Engine Optimization
- The Best SEO Tools, SEO WordPress Plugins For 2011 Part 1 (update January 2011 – highly recommended)
SEO Premium WordPress Plugins
- SEOPressor Review: Optimize Content For Search Engines
- Keyword Winner Review: Targeted Keywords For SEO
- Scribe SEO Review: SEO Made Simple
SEO Articles From Around the Web
Best SEO Practices: Updates
Remember, SEO is only the beginning and you should monitor your SEO for progress. This is also one of the best SEO practices, you can apply.