Now that 2013 is fast approaching, it is only but natural to start closing 2012 with predictions, retrospectives, etc. While I prefer not to go via the route of “predictions”, I would go as far as speculating that 2013 will be a year that will focus on eCommerce being somewhat integrated into social media, Google further releasing more updates and changes in its algorithms (Panda, Penguin, EMD part 2, etc), and perhaps it will be the year where desktop+mobile+cloud will somehow find its ways to work all together as one. We’ll see.
Anyway, for those of you who have been following my blog, I would like to do a recap of the 10 most popular posts that were published here on iBlogzone.com. The criteria of my selection is quite simple. It is based on the number of visits a blog post generated over the year. To make it as accurate as possible, the result is a mean average from WordPress stats and Google Analytics.
Without further adieu, here are the top 10 blog post of 2012 (sorted in order of most visited), in case you are wondering which ones they are. Think of it as my own Zeitgeist for 2012 🙂
- Best WordPress SEO Plugins For 2012 – WordPress SEO plugins are almost everywhere, and finding the right ones can be complicated. To save you time, here’s a list of WP SEO plugins no money can buy.
- Is Google’s AdSense Really Worth It? – Have you stopped to think that the reason why you are not making money with Google AdSense is maybe because it is not the program that is not performing well?
- The Best SEO Practices and Tips 2012 – SEO Best Practices: Do you need SEO? Quick answer. Those who implement the best SEO practices will stand out, from those who don’t. Simple…
- Best SEO Tools For 2012 – SEO Tools are designed to help make our SEO efforts a bit easier and less tedious. While there are many out there, here are some SEO tools to get you started.
- Best WordPress Security Plugins, Protect Your Online Business – How well do you have your WordPress site secured? Do you have some security measures in place, to ensure that your online business runs smoothly? You better.
- What Are The Best Affiliate Networks To Work With? – Choosing affiliate networks to work with can be a difficult tasks. To save you time, here are some recommended networks that are reliable and credible.
- Make Your WordPress Site Load Faster Or Be Left Behind – Simple WordPress optimization guide to help your WordPress website load faster. This is achieved by using specific WordPress plugins and free CDN service.
- Best SEO Plugins For WordPress 2012 (part 2) – WordPress SEO: Part one dealt with on-page SEO and the added technical stuff necessary to enhance WordPress and its SEO capabilities. Part 2 deals with the rest
- Best Free Content Curation Tools 2012 – Here are some content curation tools that you can use to help you be the best content curator in any topic of your choice. Works well using content curation best practices
- How To Set Up Google Authorship Markup With rel=author, Real Simple Way – Verifying Google’s Authorship Markup can be a complicated tasks and making the rel=author stuff to work can be frustrating. Here’s how to do it the simple way.
Other interesting posts that did not make it, since they have been posted later on during the year.
- 6 Best SEO Tips (hints) From Google Webmaster Central
- How To Find WordPress Plugins That Affect Your Sites Performance?
- 12 Things You Should Do After Writing A Blog Post
Finally, I think that this video is worthwhile watching again. Something to seriously think about for 2013.
What has been the biggest surprise of 2012 for you and your spam team?
That’s it! Have a great 2013.
9 thoughts on “The Top 10 Blog Posts Of 2012 and Others”
Wow, your blog receives a lot of traffic, I just hope I’ll accomplish this with my blog someday.
I remembered reading some of the posts you mentioned here when I was just starting my blog, especially the ones about wordpress plugins and google authorship.
Looking forward to more great articles from you in 2013.
All the best mate, take care.
Ravi @ Technology Blog
Thank you for the links.. These links will really help bloggers to view the blog perspective from scratch.. and i think if the would have been of top 15 then Google Panda Recovery Articles would have made the Jumps
I know you always try to share useful, informative and interesting articles on your blog. That’s why you’ve received huge traffic and able to create great blog. I’m sure you would continue to dominate in next year as well.
awesome site, thanks for posting, although experience counts a lot in transposing what you see, having sites like these as inspiration is always a plus, keep em coming
Hey Ditesco, 2012 is over looking forward for a fresh 2013, Thanks for sharing the posts links, They are great. Let’s focua on and hope 2013 has goodies. Cheers. All the best in 2013.
I always love to read your posts, I learned a lot from you.You have so much nice info to share.Thanks for sharing some great links.
Thanks a lot for these wonderful links, will really help a lot for newbie’s like me, 2012 was a good year for bloggers I guess. I really liked the 6th link about Affilitae marketing & 4th link about the best SEO tools. Good post, thanks for sharing.
Just wanted to say it is a real challenge to get your blog ranked like you have. I have been struggling to make my blogs more visually appealing using bullets and images but there really is something to be said about practice. You seem to have it down and I really enjoyed reading the post.
Comments are closed.