These days, guest posting (done properly) is considered as one of the most effective marketing technique in the online world. Almost every site or blog owner prefers guest blogging to promote its site or blog among the targeted audience, simply because it is a much easier approach. In guest posting, you write for other blogs related to your blog or websites topic and one of the main advantages of guest posting is that both parties benefit from it. The writer/author gets exposure and the blog owner gets fresh and valuable content for its blog.
Bloggers and even the multinational companies have also started guest blogging for various reasons.
Some of them are as follows:
- Guest posting is useful for grabbing the attention of another website’s audience, which is very useful in increasing the brand awareness
- If you do a quality guest posts, it will give you a chance to prove your website or blog’s worth, build your authority online and increases the reputation of the blog or company.
- It’s (one) of the best ways to get natural back links for your website, which in turn can increase traffic
- Page rank of the website or blog increases if its link is on a reputable website.
- It helps build your “Author Rank” (if it ever happens)
Along with these, there are so many other benefits of guest posting. For some individuals it helps promote their personal blogs and for companies it helps to market their products and services in a more broader sense. But just like anything else, there is the right way of doing it, and the wrong way.
However, due to excessive guest blogging request that are occurring these days, most blog owners are bit reluctant to accept every guest posts due to several issues. Poor quality content can harm the site of the blog owner. Some blog owners may even ask for payment to accommodate the guest post on their blogs after assuring the quality of content. Monetary factor makes guest posting very appealing to almost every blogger, although many argue that money should not come into play. That is one of the reasons why, competition in the field of guest posting has increased a lot.
One question that may pop right off your minds is, what are search engines views about guest blogging? What does the dominant search engine, thinks about guest blogging? Well, let’s here what Matt Cutts has to say.
So if you are new in the field of guest posting this post should help you on how to do it effectively and ultimately, ensure your guest post gets accepted.
4 Tips to Get Your Guest Post Accepted
1. Try to establish link with the blog owner/admin by participating in different tasks.
Reputable and known guest bloggers take their time to create PR with authentic and authority sites. They do so by commenting on the quality articles, participating in the healthy discussions, and sharing the posts that they find interesting. Blog owners notice them and when they apply for guest posting, chances are that their post will be accepted easily. In other words, make it a point to try and establish some form of relationship with the blog owner/admin first.
2. Research a guest blogging website before writing a post.
If you want your article accepted, first you have to find a relevant website. After finding the website, carefully read the guidelines of guest posting there. If you follow their guidelines properly and write the post according to their posting requirements then it increases the chance of it being accepted. Otherwise, they will reject your post and in some cases, even ignore your request.
3. Make an interesting pitch for guest blogging.
Your guest posting pitch matters a lot in successful guest posting. If you want to impress the editor of the blog then you need to create a detailed proposal that addresses the following questions:
- Tell what you like about their blog – it is awful to not even mention their blog name
- Who are you and why you want to publish your guest post on his / her website
- What is the topic and title of your post how it can be useful for the readers and his / her website (be absolutely sure that you know about their topic)
- Offer to edit and amend anything in the post if it is required
If your pitch is polite and gentle then the editor will definitely read your post once and reply you. To remind you about the importance of the making the right approach, make sure to never do this:
4. Ensure that you are going to link back to a quality site.
It will be a waste of time if you are trying to link back to the site that has no worth and unprofessional or incomplete. This advice works both for individuals and for businesses. If your blog or business website is below the par, then doing guest posting can actually hurt the website or blog along with the writer’s repute.
Promote using social media and respond to comments
While this part only occurs once your guest post is accepted and published, be sure to follow it, unless of course you are never thinking of having another opportunity of getting another post published again.
Once your guest post is published, share it on different social media networks. Think of it as if it where in your own site, what you should do after publishing a post, and more. This not only strengthens your guest post, the website owner will thank you and will most certainly love to work with you again in the future. Finally, and this is where many fail, do respond to the comments that your post gets. It is rude not to, and you are missing out with the opportunity to engage with readers.
There you go! Hope that helps.