Hi everyone! Hope you all had a great week. What’s new? Well, if it is not Google, its Bing, Facebook or Apple… So much is happening that it is really quite difficult to catch up. Anyway, the most noteworthy news that called my attention this week was that of Twitter cutting ties with Linkedin, Bing’s recent updates and YouTube now allowing you to associate your account with your Google+ profile.
Bing, who recently launched its new webmaster tools, including their awesome on-page SEO Analyzer, has yet released another feature for SEOs, that being the possibility of “disavowing” links from sites you may deem spammy. This is a feature that has been discussed for a while now, specially after Google rolled out its Penguin update. Quite frankly, I am still thinking on how to put this this new feature to good use, but until then, perhaps you can help by leaving your comments. In addition, you may want to start including Bing as part of your SEO strategy. While Google is still the dominant force, Bing’s share on search has been rising.
NOTE: Don’t forget to watch Maile Ohye’s video from Google (end of this post), as she provides really great SEO advises, in under 10 minutes. You can also visit my SEO Resources page, for more on SEO.
Finally, there is now the matter of “guest posting” being one of the most talked about topic in the “marketing” sphere. Not surprising, as aside from its benefits, it is by far, the best “link building” strategy currently available. Now, just like anything else, there are good ways and not so good ways to properly launch a guest posting campaign. Watch the video below from SEOMoz on how to get started.
As usual, in no particular order:
Content/Online Business Bites
- 13 Little Landing Page Tweaks That Can Make a BIG Difference
- How to Identify and Control Blog Comment Spam
- 7 Blogging Tips that Always Work
- Become a DFP expert using our new DFP Academy
- Watch Out for Long Title Tags – An SEOmoz Case Study
- You Like WHAT?!?! Social Success Tips For Smart Affiliate Marketers
- Three Excellent Tools for Checking Your Blog Search Rankings
- 5 Ways to Improve Your Contact Form Conversion Rate
- Disavow links you don’t trust & SEO Analyzer updates
Social Web/Other Cool Stuff
- The Must-Have Social Media Tool Every Content Marketer Needs
- WordPress & Chrome Urgent Security Updates 06-27-2012
Around the Web [more roundups]
SEO for startups in under 10 minutes (June 2012)
Maile Ohye from Google advises your startup as if she had only 10 minutes as your SEO consultant.
That’s it! Enjoy and have a great weekend.