Hi everyone! Hope you all had a great and productive week. So, this week, we finally found out what the whole “big secret” Microsoft was hiding from the world. Surface, which according to Microsoft is “a great PC that works like a tablet, a tablet that works like a PC”, was revealed on Monday. Initial analysis indicates that the soon to be born PC/tablet, may just have what it takes to rival Apple’s iPad and other existing devices. Don’t know about you, but if the price is right and they get it to work properly (MS has always an oopps moment), I may just get my hands on one Microsoft Surface folie, as soon as it gets out. How about you? What do you think of the Microsoft Surface? Will consider buying one? Why, why not?
First look… You can also watch the full presentation here.
On another front, George Takei (Star Trek celebrity), talks about his experience with FaceBook and why he loves it over “other” networks. The interesting part about the whole story is the mission Stephanie Van Pelt launched on Google+ to convince George Takei to use the network. He said that if he got 250K people circling him on G+, then he may consider using the network, to prove that it is not a “ghost town”. As of today he already amassed 63K+ and counting.
All right all. It’s here. It’s #TakeiTuesday ! Help us get @GeorgeTakei to join us over here on G+!!!!
Send him a Tweet and let him see all the G+ love we have to offer!
I don’t know about you, but I’d love to see #GeorgeTakei join us here on G+. Just putting the word out there that I’m on a mission to get his attention. I was thinking that on #TakeiTuesday it might be a nice time to try to reach him on Twitter @GeorgeTakei to show him how much love he’d see from this community.
All right my Trekkers, who’s in?
Finally, if you heard about the new FaceBook plugin, you may want to consider reading what people have to say first, before thinking of installing the plugin. It is very promising indeed and I am testing it on a demo site. For now, I am waiting for the next update, which I hope would address the issues mentioned by users on the forum. If you really want to give it a go, this quick tutorial, should help. Yeah, its not your normal install and activate plugin.
As usual, in no particular order:
Content/Online Business Bites
- A Cheat Sheet for Building High Ranking Authority…Without Cheating
- 6 Signs That Site Isn’t Worthy Of Your Guest Post
- Set Up Social Media to Give You Great Post Ideas
- How To Find Creative Commons Content With Google
- The Pinterest Penguin: New Marketing Tips to Overcome Their Battle Against Spam
- SEO Your YouTube Videos in 10 Steps
- Sometimes They Come Back: The Best Plugins For Reviving Old Posts
Social Web/Other Cool Stuff
- Pinterest not manly enough for you? Try these sites, bro
- Create Your Own Custom URL Shortener for Free
- 3 Little Known Ways to Significantly Improve Your Social Sharing Today
- The Must-Have Social Media Tool Every Content Marketer Needs
Around the Web [more roundups]
- 7 Content Marketing Links Worth Reading
- Fetching Friday – Resources Mashup & The Vendor Client Relationship [HUMOR]
- Marketing Day: June 22, 2012
Recap on iBlogzone (in case you missed it)
- 6 Tactics to Write Posts You KNOW People Want to Read
- A Guide to Hiring a Freelance Writer for your Blog
That’s it! Enjoy and have a great weekend.