Hi everyone, hope you all had a great and productive week! One of the most interesting news that happened, in my view, was definitely the one that Google+ announced this week on removing the restriction of using “your real name” on Google+.
“Over the years, as Google+ grew and its community became established, we steadily opened up this policy, from allowing +Page owners to use any name of their choosing to letting YouTube users bring their usernames into Google+. Today, we are taking the last step: there are no more restrictions on what name you can use.”
What do you think of this change (or new strategy)? Is this meant to capture more users, or is it something else entirely? Has this something to do with the “right to be forgotten” stuff that has been in the news lately?
The New Link Building Survey 2014 – Results
Year after year, someone always conducts an industry SEO survey. However, many of you may have not seen Skyrocket SEO’s Link Building Survey in the past. This year, Moz,com again published the survey, only this time it is the updated version for 2014. The report, in the form of an infographic, is very interesting and the results even better. It features answers to questions like, what link building tactics do you use, among other things? The full report as published on Moz.com.
Q2 2014 Consumer Sharing Trends Report Revealed by ShareThis
Every quarter, ShareThis publishes a report about the trends in Social Media, including that of the current trends in social sharing, among other things. The interesting data revealed in this report is that Pinterest and Twitter are leading the way, in addition to the continued growth in mobile use. Here´s the full report.
And as usual, in no particular order:
Content Creation & Marketing/SEO and Search
- Testing robots.txt files made easier
- Guest Blogging: From Overused Loophole to Untapped Opportunity
- SEO 101: 5 Link Building Opportunities for Blogs and Small Businesses
- 19 Headline Writing Tips for More Clickable, Shareable Blog Posts
Social/Small Business Bites
- Facebook Ads: Creative Application to Help Your Marketing
- The Ultimate Beginner’s Guide To Finding Your Audience In Social Media
- How to Create a Social Media Marketing Plan From Scratch
- 5 Surprising Stats You Need To Know To Improve Your Twitter Strategy [INFOGRAPHIC]
More from around the web …
- Marketing Day: Twitter’s New Metrics, Pinterest Bolsters E-Commerce, Triggit’s Dynamic Retargeting
- Weekly Marketing Skinny • July 19, 2014
That’s it! Enjoy and have a great weekend!