Home > SpeedLink Weekly > Speedlink V26/2011, Google Plus, SEO, Online Business, Social Web

Speedlink V26/2011, Google Plus, SEO, Online Business, Social Web

speedlink 26

Hi everyone! So what’s new this week that you have stumbled upon, that for one thing or another does not include Google’s name in it? Yeah, Google+ has been so dominant that you might not even heard of yet another Google venture, called Photovine, a social photo sharing app freshly launched not so long ago.

Anyway, and since it is still all about Google+, don’t forget that your Google+ profile must be set to “public”, or Google will delete your account on 31st July. No questions asked.. BTW, what do you think about this move from Google? How do you like Google+ so far? Have you logged in your FaceBook lately?

Blogging/Business

• Are You an Entrepreneur?
  • Being a Woman in Business – My Best Lessons Learned
  • 5 Simple Website Tweaks You Can Try Tonight
  • 4 Tips To Become A More Productive Blogger
  • The Thesis Theme Design Business as I see it!

Social Web

WordPress Mania

• WordPress Junkies Vault Unleashed – Nice Set Of Plugins
  • WordPress Plugins That Power Become a Healthier You
  • Using Fancy Google Fonts For Twenty Eleven Theme

Do robots follow links on a page which uses rel=”canonical” to point to a different page?

That’s it! Enjoy and have a great week ahead.

Evelyn

July 16, 2011 at 7:57 pm

Hi DiTesco,
I’m still trying to adjust to Google +, but I am using it. I’m learning!

You have some very interesting links that you’ve shared. Thank you for including my link about the WordPress plugins.

Take care,

Evelyn

2 DiTesco July 19, 2011 at 1:24 pm

Hi Evelyn. You are welcome.. I am a Wordpress Junkie and have special interest in plugins, lol. Your post was timely.. thanks for stopping by

Jane | Find All Answers

July 17, 2011 at 2:45 am

Ha… Google deleting all private Google+ profiles! Fine.

Thanks for pointing out BCB’s post on woman in business. Something I will need 🙂

BTW I am still not in Wordpress Junkies!

Jane.

4 DiTesco July 19, 2011 at 1:26 pm

Hi Jane. Yeah, I am with you on “fine”.. does not make sense being 100% on a social community network anyway..

As for your Junkies credentials, not sure why this is happening. I will check and send you an email about this. How’s your eBook coming?

5 Ileane July 17, 2011 at 9:16 am

Hi DiTesco, I requested a Photovine invite, but I don’t really know much about it other than the obvious.
I’m glad you picked up on Evelyn’s article – that’s a good one. I’m off to listen to Matt and check out the others. Thanks!

6 DiTesco July 19, 2011 at 1:29 pm

Hi Ileane. Other than the obvious, I too don’t know much about Photovine yet. Just found about it via my friend Jaypee and it is interesting why, after all this G+ and Picassa being integrated, they still come up with new projects like this one. We’ll see. Maybe they are thinking of consolidation along the road.. Thanks for stopping by

Dave Doolin

July 18, 2011 at 4:19 am

I haven’t logged in to Facebook other than to check settings on an application API since maybe, cripes, last June? Take that back, I did post a few links on the whatever-they-call-fan page these days.

I’ve “posted” exactly once on G+: I changed my photo.

On the other hand, I started back on Teh Twitters about once a week, whether I want to or not.

8 DiTesco July 19, 2011 at 1:12 pm

Hi Dave. Yeah, you have been somewhat MIA on the sphere, but with the exception of Twitter and now G+, I have also very little used FB. Most of the post in there are basically feeds and that’s as far as I go.