Hello everyone. How was your week? Hope all went well. Mine was pretty good, having successfully sold a website and less problems with sites being hacked. Can say it was calm 🙂
Anyway, noteworthy news this week I guess falls upon Google officially announcing to take down Google Buzz, after some 18 months since inception. Jaiku and Google Labs are other services that they will shut down by January of 2012 (Google Labs shut down last 14th). They said that they prefer to focus on products that change people’s lives, so my guess is that Google+ will be one their major objectives, which reportedly has now over 40 million users. How about that?
So what do you think about these moves by Google? Would love to hear your views.
On a side note. If you have heard about Kiesha’s “surviving the blog contest”, you may want to welcome and look at the official blogs that were set up by the teams that are part of this unique contest. Head over to CrimsonSoapBox.com and TheNextGoal.com, and see what these guys are up to. Then Kiesha would appreciate if you can take a moment of your time to vote.
Anyway, as usual, in no particular order:
- The 10 Best Blogging Platforms in 2011
- Improve Your Blog’s Revenue, Traffic & Bounce Rate By Using WordPress Menus & Static Pages
- 7 Spelling and Grammar Errors that Make You Look Dumb
- 19 Ways to Get Paid for Your Writing
- $2550 in Cash Prizes for Bloggers and Internet Marketers
- How To Get Crazy Traffic Using SlideShare and LinkedIn
- The Ultimate Guide to Online Branding and Building Authority Part II – Social Media
- 6 Tips To Build Inbound Links (shameless promotion, my first post on Technorati)
- How Effective Is Your Homepage? [Infographic]
- Remove Broken External Links for SEO Optimization
- 8 Secrets To Use Twitter For SEO From @RandFish
Social Web/Other Stuff
- 10 Top Twitter Tools Suggested By the Pros
- Why You Can’t Compare Google+ User Figures To Facebook & Twitter
- A Simple WordPress Trick that Makes You Look Smarter
- How To Build A Great Twitter Reputation And Get More Followers And Retweets
What steps can I take to diagnose a drop in ranking?
That’s it! Enjoy and have a great week ahead.