Once you’ve identified where the opportunity to nab a featured snippet lies, how do you go about targeting it? Part One of our “Featured Snippet Opportunities” series focused on how to discover places where you may be able to win a snippet, but today we’re focusing on how to actually make changes that’ll help you do that.
In the Whiteboard Friday Video below, Britney shares pro tips and examples of how we’ve been able to snag our own snippets using her methodology.
How to Target Featured Snippet Opportunities
8 of the Worst SEO Mistakes Even the Experts Make
Digital marketing is like playing the drums; everyone thinks they can do it.
Inevitably, the layman writes content stuffed to the brim with a target keyword and cannibalizes his/her own webpages by using the same five keywords across all of their webpages.
As Google and Bing’s algorithms continue to evolve and incorporate new technologies for search, so do our strategies.
Between optimizing our content for voice search, desktop visitors, mobile swipers, and our social media followers, the task can feel impossible and overwhelming.
As much as the medium may change, the same principles still remain in place and so too do the same basic errors.
Here are eight common SEO mistakes that even the experts still make.
How to Set Up an Alexa Flash Briefing: A Guide for Marketers
image credit: smarthomerecipes.com
Want a new way to deliver content to customers and prospects? Wondering how Amazon’s Echo or Echo Dot
#1: Create an RSS Feed
#2: Register as an Amazon Developer
#3: Create a Skill
#4: Configure Your Flash Briefing Feed
#5: Set Up a Profile for Your Briefing in the Alexa Skill Store
In this article, you’ll discover how to set up an Amazon Alexa flash briefing to regularly deliver product updates, event information, and expert tips to an engaged audience.
And as usual, in no particular order:
Content Creation & Inbound Marketing (SEO, Search, etc)
- 6 Spring Cleaning Tips for SEO
- How to Get High Quality Backlinks: 21 Strategies That Still Work
- 47 TakeAways from Google’s John Mueller’s AMA on Reddit
- How to stay up-to-date on SEO
- Why Google Is Rewriting Your Page Titles For SEO
Social Media Marketing; Technology & Small Business Resources
- Here are the internal Facebook posts of employees discussing today’s leaked memo
- Twitter makes it easier to share the right part of a live video with launch of ‘Timestamps’
- 13 Social Media Marketing Tips You Can Use Today
- Why Relying Solely on Social Media Marketing Could Be a Disaster for Your Business
- Hottest Trends in Social Media Marketing Technology For 2018
On iblogzone.com, SEO Tools and more
- Previous Speedlinks – See What You’ve Missed!
- Marketing Research Library – The #1 Resource for Free Marketing Research, White Papers, Reports, Case Studies, Magazines, and eBooks
- Best Audiobooks For 2017
That’s it! Enjoy and enjoy the rest of your weekend.