Hi everyone, hope you all had a great and productive week.
Same content, different domains? There’s a tag for that. Using rel=canonical to tell Google that similar or identical content exists on multiple domains has a number of clever applications. You can cross-post content across several domains that you own, you can benefit from others republishing your own content, rent or purchase content on other sites, and safely use third-party distribution networks like Medium to spread the word.
In Rand’s Whiteboard Friday video below, he covers all the canonical bases in this not-to-be-missed video.
Using the Cross Domain Rel=Canonical to Maximize the SEO Value of Cross-Posted Content
SEO Writing in 2018: Top 47 Tips to Master a Combined Art
Many agencies continue to believe that SEO writing revolves around one process: inserting keywords into page tags and the body of text itself.
This belief remains strong, although it’s 2018 and the quality and relevance of content have more proverbial weight than a few keywords in the title or heading tags.
According to a recent Searchmetrics General Ranking Factors study of Google, overall content relevance was more of a ranking factor than word count, or keywords in the text body, description title, or H1 tag.
Because agencies are naturally focused on the art of SEO itself, they forget about the art of writing. True success – for search engine rankings, user experience, and the brand overall, whether personal or business – occurs when both the art of SEO and the art of writing are combined.
With that said, here are the top 47 writing tips for any content writer within any type of company, from billion-dollar software designers to local pizza joints. The focus weighs more towards the art of writing itself, which will naturally led to the creation of quality content that search engines demand.
7 Mobile Apps That Create Quality Visual Content
Do you want to easily create video or images on the go? Looking for easy-to-use apps to enhance your social media visuals?
#1: Remove and Insert Photo Backgrounds With Pixomatic,
#2: Enhance Photo Quality With Snapseed
#3: Add Logos With iWatermark+
In this article, you’ll discover seven mobile apps for creating quality visual content with your smartphone or tablet.
image credit: pinterest.com
And as usual, in no particular order:
Content Creation & Inbound Marketing (SEO, Search, etc)
- 9 Types Of Negative SEO: How competitors can ruin your rankings, and how to make sure they don’t
- How PR Is the New Link Building
- Reading Between the Lines: A 3-Step Guide to Reviewing Web Page Content
- Google Engineer Lists 4 Powerful Reasons Why Sites Should Upgrade to HTTPS
- Make it personal: Using marketing personas and empathy in your marketing
Social Media Marketing; Technology & Small Business Resources
- How to Create an Instagram Business Account and Why You’d Want To
- Call-to-Action Optimization: 132% increase in clickthrough from changing four simple words
- Pinterest will finally let you rearrange your pins
- How to Master Social Media Marketing Metrics – Easy Lessons for 2018
- 5 Things your Social Media Agency isn’t telling You
On iblogzone.com, SEO Tools and more
- 21 Warnings That Indicate It’s Time to (Switch) Your Web Hosting Right Away
- Previous Speedlinks – See What You’ve Missed!
- Marketing Research Library – The #1 Resource for Free Marketing Research, White Papers, Reports, Case Studies, Magazines, and eBooks
- Best Audiobooks For 2017
That’s it! Enjoy and enjoy the rest of your weekend.