Hi everyone, hope you all had a great and productive week.
Building an online community sounds like an attractive idea on paper. A group of enthusiastic, engaged users working on their own to boost your brand? What’s the hitch?
Well, building a thriving online community takes a great deal of effort, often with little return for a very long time. And there are other considerations: do you build your own platform, participate in an existing community, or a little of both? What are the benefits from a brand, SEO, and content marketing perspective?
In Rand’s Whiteboard Friday video below, he answers all your questions about building yourself an online community, including whether it’s an investment worth your time.
How (and Whether) to Invest in and Structure Online Communities
What are Hashtags (#) and How to Use Them on Social Media
Once upon a time, the ‘#’ was a simple pound sign or hash mark. But then the social blue bird flew onto the scene and turned this mundane symbol into an online sensation. Today, whether you are on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or any other social media channels, you simply cannot escape the all encompassing presence of the #hashtag.
But what exactly is a hashtag? In case you always wondered but were too afraid to ask, WIX came up with a clear and concise explanation of everything you need to know about this Internet phenomenon. Not only that: once you’ve mastered the “what”, you’ll probably want to know “how” to use hashtags.
Got your attention? Good, because this article will help you understand what are hashtags how you should use them appropriately.
How to Easily Create Videos From Blog Posts
Want to add more video to your content mix? Have you considered repurposing your blog content into video?
There’s no need to spend hours recording video with an expensive camera when you have existing content and access to free tools.
In this article, you’ll learn how to use free tools to turn blog posts into videos you can share on social media.
And as usual, in no particular order:
Content Creation & Inbound Marketing (SEO, Search, etc)
- Five Common SEO Mistakes That Content Marketers Make
- The Google Ranking Factor You Can Influence in an Afternoon [Case Study]
- How to Avoid SEO Disaster During a Website Redesign
- 4 Ways Consumer Insights Can Help Boost Your Brand
- The Best SEO Hacks to Use for Your Business in 2018
Social Media Marketing; Technology & Small Business Resources
- Google AdSense launches new type of ad format that optimizes placements
- Protect Your Brand on Ecommerce Marketplaces
- The Rise of the Story Format on Social Media [Infographic]
- Top 25 Social Media Tools For Marketers
- The Best Online Resources for Learning Social Media Marketing
On iblogzone.com, SEO Tools and more
- Previous Speedlinks – See What You’ve Missed!
- Marketing Research Library – The #1 Resource for Free Marketing Research, White Papers, Reports, Case Studies, Magazines, and eBooks
- Best Audiobooks For 2017
That’s it! Enjoy and enjoy the rest of your weekend.