“Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat its mistakes” — it’s a quote that’s actually quite applicable when it comes to writing for SEO. Much of the advice given to copywriters, journalists, editors, and other content creators for SEO writing is dangerously out of date, leaning on practices that were once tried and true but that could now get your site penalized.
In this edition of Whiteboard Friday video below, Rand mentions a brief history lesson on what should be avoided, what used to work and no longer does, and a brief 5-step process you should start using today for writing content that’ll get you to the front of the SERPs.
What Does It Mean to “Write for SEO” in 2018?
The Ultimate 2018 SEO Ranking Checklist
In the digital world, search engine optimization has been an absolute necessity. Things are changing. SEO experts like Neil Patel are evening talking about the “Death of SEO”.
Like everything else digital, common practices change so fast that it’s easy to get left behind. SEO isn’t dead yet, but it is time to update our ‘best practices’ list for SEO rankings in the year 2018.
1. Respect the Google-bot
2. Do your Keyword Research
3. Find out What Google Thinks is Relevant
In this article you can sit back, take some notes, and get ready to stay on top of those Google searches.
How to Turn Blog Posts Into a Video Funnel
Do you want more business from your blog posts? Looking for tips to qualify leads more effectively?
#1: Set Up Funnel Management Tools on Your Site
#2: Prime Your Facebook Business Channels
In this article, you’ll discover how to warm up and convert prospects by turning blog posts into a three-part video funnel.
And as usual, in no particular order:
Content Creation & Inbound Marketing (SEO, Search, etc)
- How to Earn More Links and Social Shares: Insights From 759 Content Marketing Campaigns
- The best tools for automating your SEO
- Most Important SEO Metrics to Consider in 2018
- 15 SEO Myths That Just Won’t Die
- 5 Content Marketing Ideas for March 2018
Social Media Marketing; Technology & Small Business Resources
- How to Drive Traffic With Your Facebook Cover Photo
- Top Social Media Marketing Hacks for 2018
- The Best Way to Use Social Media Marketing to Establish Your Startup Comments Feed
- 5 Crucial Components of an Effective Social Media Marketing Strategy in 2018
- How to make the most of LinkedIn’s free Website Demographics
On iblogzone.com, SEO Tools and more
- Previous Speedlinks – See What You’ve Missed!
- Marketing Research Library – The #1 Resource for Free Marketing Research, White Papers, Reports, Case Studies, Magazines, and eBooks
- Best Audiobooks For 2017
That’s it! Enjoy and enjoy the rest of your weekend.