Hi everyone! Welcome to my first SpeedLink of 2012. Hope you all had a wonderful new year! For those of you who are not familiar with SpeedLink, it is nothing more than a weekly roundup of the most interesting posts, webmaster help videos, etc.., I have stumbled upon during the week. Essentially, I find, read, compile and share them here with my readers and visitors. Sounds very similar to content curation, does it not :)?
Anyway, with the exception of the videos (which may now feature other topics), nothing is going to change. The format, topic, and links will remain the same and the content I will be featuring do not follow any specific order. You may be asking yourself how do you get featured here? No rules but one, show me the “good” stuff via Google+, Twitter, FaceBook, CommentLuv links, or anywhere else we may stumble upon.
On a side note, I have noticed that Google is pushing really hard on Authorship Markup and Rich Snippets. Most of the webmaster help videos this week are basically about this subject. You may want to check it out to see if you are implementing them, that is if you are concerned about search engine optimization.
In no particular order.
Blogging/Online Business (tips and tools)
- 7 Features I Look For During Blog Audits | Outspoken Media outspokenmedia.com
- 6 Tips For Building a High Quality Blog Following mashable.com
- The Top 10 Business Plan Mistakes – Entrepreneur news.google.com
- Increase Engagement and Build Relationships with Blog Interviews basicblogtips.com
- Goal-Setting | 7 Steps to Making 2012 Your BEST Year EVER!attractionmarketingonline.com
- 30 search quality highlights (with codenames!): December insidesearch.blogspot.com
- 7 Marketing Links You Can Use copyblogger.com
- How Google+ Uses SEO to Steal Search from Facebook and Twitter seomoz.org
- 5 Great Keyword Research Tools That Are Cheaper than Ramen Noodles blueglass.com
Social Web/Other Stuff
- Tweet late, email early, and don’t forget about Saturday: Using data to develop a Social Media Strategy niemanlab.org
- Handpick: Selective Social Sharing Without The Noise readwriteweb.com
- What If There Was an Easy Way to Get Your Tweets Retweeted? growmap.com
- 23+ Essential Facebook Page Applications to Improve Fans Engagement in 2012 socialmediatoday.com
What is the ideal keyword density: 0.7%, 7%, or 77%? Or is it some other number? Matt Cutts, Bay Area, California Have a question? Ask it in our Webmaster Help Forum: www.google.com Want your question to be answered on a video like this?
Rich Snippets are markup tags that webmasters can put in their sites in order to tell Google what type of content they have on their site so that we can better display it in search results.
That’s it! Enjoy and have a great week ahead.