Hi everyone, hope you all had a great and productive week! There’s no doubt that quite a bit has changed about SEO, and that the field is far more integrated with other aspects of online marketing than it once was, says Rand of Moz.com. In the video below, Rand pushes back against the idea that effective modern SEO doesn’t require any technical expertise, outlining a fantastic list of technical elements that today’s SEOs need to know about in order to be truly effective.
Google’s Top 100 Most Expensive Keywords for 2015 [Infographic]
One of the things that I have always wondered about during these past years is what the most expensive keywords on AdWords are? Googling the term “most expensive keywords” will return several useless results. Recently, SEMrush, in collaboration with WebPageFX released a list of the most expensive keywords for 2015. While the list looks at price CPC for paid search, it does give you a good idea of how hard it can be to rank for some particular keywords organically. Great work!
click on image for a larger view
The Step-by-Step Guide to Fixing Any Google Penalty
Google penalties aren’t new, but for many SEOs, they’re a huge concern. Just imagine that an organic search traffic can be virtually wiped out from one day to the other. Think about being profitable to getting virtually unprofitable overnight. That’s how a penalty could be devastating. You could go from wildly profitable to just getting by—if you get hit by a penalty.
In case you’re brand new to SEO, here’s the short version of what penalties are:
If you violate Google’s guidelines (and get caught), Google will slap your site with a penalty so that all your search engine rankings decline dramatically (often 50+ spots each).
Despite your best efforts to comply with Google’s guidelines and recommendations, you may still get hit with a penalty. Some penalties can be caused by factors completely out of your control such as negative SEO attacks.
Regardless of what triggered the penalty, and whether it’s for a personal site or a client’s, you need to be able to diagnose what caused it and fix it. Sometimes the fix could be relatively quick, however, in most cases, it could be complicated, To get you on the right track, Neil Patel of QuickSprout.com recently published a step-by-step guide on how to fix any Google penalty. Recommended read.
And as usual, in no particular order:
Content Creation & Marketing/SEO and Search
- #NoHacked: How to recognise and protect yourself against social engineering
- A Practical Guide to Content and Its Metrics
- 7 SEO Tools to Improve Content Marketing
- 6 Steps to Monetize Your Content Marketing
- 10 Content Marketing Goals Worth Pursuing
Social Media/Small Business Bites
- Facebook: The Reputation Management Tool You’re Probably Ignoring
- Instagram Opens Ads to Masses: This Week in Social Media
- 26 Creative Tips and Tools for Social Media Marketers
- I’ve Answered Over 10k Questions On Google Webmaster Forums And Here’s What People Struggle With The Most
- How to Grow Your Facebook Fans Without a Budget
More from around the web …
- Marketing Day: LinkedIn Ads, Facebook Defends 3-Second Video View & HubSpot Earnings
- SearchCap: Google Local Results, Google EU Antitrust Cost & Local SEO
- Content Marketing & SEO (on Flipboard)
- Digital Marketing & Social Media (on Flipboard)
That’s it! Enjoy, have a great weekend!