Hi everyone! Hope you all had a great week. If you are interested even a bit about SEO, you probably have noticed that there are predictions, new tips, etc. on what to expect for 2013. While there are some really good stuff out there, I really think that one of the ways to know about SEO is to get educated, specially if you are not following the trends as closely as some that are directly involved in the industry. While there are many SEO resources out there, some of you probably don’t know that the two major search engines have great resources of their own. Google’s Webmaster Academy is one of them, and recently, Bing has started their Bing Webmaster Tools Overview Webinar. Bing’s webinars promises to be quite interesting, and in case you are interested, you can register here for free. Want to know about authority building? That’s scheduled for January 24. Highly recommended.
The Varying Effectiveness of Social Proof
I really like Rand’s whiteboard Friday. They are short, simple and effective. This week, Rand talks about how social proof can be a wildly effective form of marketing. Numbers are good, but …
On another front, there has been some crazy developments this week. Danny Sullivan or Search Engine Land, reports that there are actually webmasters that are going as far as requesting StumbleUpon for link removals. Really! What’s the point of asking when anyone can put a link back in there again? Go figure… And to finalize, WebProNews reports a scary thought of some organizations actually charging money for you to link to them. Yep, that’s the other way around. Imagine if that goes viral? I will have to stop doing my speedlink every week, or I’ll go broke really fast, lol. See more details about this story, here.
As usual, in no particular order:
- Yandex Webmaster Tools: Another Link Data Source
- Why You Need a Seriously Fast Website
- Schema Creator – The easiest way to create HTML with schema.org microdata
Content Marketing/Small Business Bites
- 9 Ways You’re Ruining Your Online Reputation
- 10 Questions You Must Ask When Hiring a Social Media Consultant
- 5 Reasons You Should Write About Topics Covered Elsewhere
- 10 Steps to Creating Reader-Oriented Blog Content
- Insights for 2013: Understanding Your Customers & The Full Value of Digital
More Cool Stuff and Other Roundups
- 5 Blogging Lessons From DragonBlogger
- The New Delicious.com Is Now Live & Looks Like A Winner
- 31 Types of Blog Posts for Every Day of the Month
That’s it! Enjoy, have a great weekend!