LinkedIn has over 260 million monthly active users and is a great social networking platform for professionals.
Networking on LinkedIn allows you to get in touch with the right people of your industry who can help you generate leads, acquire jobs, build professional relationships, etc.
As a blogger with an established network, you can increase the traffic on your website, write articles to showcase yourself as an industry expert, market your blog, etc.
LinkedIn has so much to offer. Hence in this guide, we will cover essentials on why bloggers should spend time networking on LinkedIn and how they can go about doing it.
So, let’s begin.
LinkedIn allows you to create a profile or a company page that can be utilized to display your blog as a brand. By connecting with like-minded professionals, you can improve the visibility of your profile which in turn will help you increase the number of visitors on your blog.
Here are a few LinkedIn profile tips you can follow to bolster visibility:
- Update your profile: By optimizing the LinkedIn profile you will be able to treat your blog as a brand. LinkedIn allows you to add links to your blog/website while updating the profile. If you have an optimized profile users will have access to the link of your blog that will help you increase the visitors on your website.
- Use Keywords: You can use a keywords strategy similar to search engine optimization to update the LinkedIn summary on your profile. The idea of adding keywords to your profile is that when a user searches for it on LinkedIn, your profile will be visible in the search results. So having keywords on your profile helps you increase its visibility.
- Add connections: Adding more connections will help you increase the people you can get in touch with. Having established a professional network will increase your profile visibility. For example, let’s say you post a status update if you have more connections that more people will see your content.
Networking can help establish credibility in your domain. For example, if you have a blog on marketing services, through “Endorsements & Recommendations” you can create a better impact in showcasing your expertise.
A recommendation is a brief paragraph written by a connection that works as a testimonial. So ask the clients you have worked with or your mentor, to write you a recommendation. As these require a little more effort, you need to be patient with the people you ask.
Further, you can ask for endorsements for the skills you have added to your profile. In comparison to recommendations, endorsements require little to no effort on the referee part. Having your skills endorsed sort of work as a third-party validation of your proficiencies which can be helpful when potential clients are going through your profile.
Gather new ideas
LinkedIn is a place where professionals communicate with each other about the developments in their industry, career, innovation, etc.
Networking helps you get in touch with the right people such as industry experts who can help you gain knowledge in your domain.
There are instances where you run out of topic ideas to write on your blog. On LinkedIn, you can find other bloggers, brands, or experts that can help you with new project ideas for your blog.
Joining groups is a way to bolster your networking practices and get in touch with the people of your industry. By doing a quick search on LinkedIn, you can find thousands of groups that you can be a part of.
Being actively present in groups will showcase your profile to professionals in your domain. But adhere to the community standards, as it is a group you should not indulge in self-promotional activities.
Through groups, you can foster professional relationships with recruiters, potential prospects, leaders, etc. and numerous opportunities can arise out of it.
If you have an established network on LinkedIn, you can get freelance projects, jobs, etc. Start connecting with your existing and former clients on LinkedIn.
If you keep this up you will soon have a network of clients with personal experience which can help you attract new clients.
Also, you can get in touch with prospects with whom you have mutual connections. It is a great way of getting in touch with potential clients.
Here are a few key takeaways
- Improve your blog visibility by updating your profile and adding keywords & connections.
- Build the credibility of your profile and blog by asking for recommendations & endorsements.
- Gather new ideas for your blog by liaising with industry experts/leaders.
- Bolster engagement by joining groups and posting status updates.
- Establish a network with your clients to attract new prospects.