Hi everyone, hope you all had a great and productive week!
The rules of link building aren’t always black and white, and getting it wrong can sometimes result in frustrating consequences. But where’s the benefit in following rules that don’t actually exist?
In Rand’s Whiteboard Friday below, he addresses eight of the big link building myths making their rounds across the web.
Weird, Crazy Myths About Link Building in SEO You Should Probably Ignore
6 LinkedIn Browser Extensions to Enhance Your Marketing
Are you active on LinkedIn? Want to make the most of the time you spend there? Installing third-party browser extensions can help you get more out of LinkedIn’s powerful marketing and lead-generation features.
In this article, you’ll discover six browser extensions to improve your LinkedIn marketing experience.
#1: View Social Activity and Track Prospects With Nimble
#2: Add Notes and Tags to Profiles With Dux-Soup
#3: Personalize and Automate Messages With LinMailPro
#4: Customize and Schedule Content With Agorapulse
#5: Share Content Through Buffer
#6: View Total Number of Connections With LinkedIn Connection Revealer
8 dos and don’ts of successful video advertising
Video ads are a great way to generate brand awareness and to educate your target audience on a topic/product/service. I’ve talked in the past about how video ads may be coming to a search result near you, and how to ease your way into video ads by understanding the basics.
In this post from MarketingLand.com, they highlight good practices and things to avoid as you fast-forward towards your video marketing strategy.
REMINDER: Google Maps Widget Pro WordPress Plugin – Review and #Giveaway
And as usual, in no particular order:
Content Creation & Marketing/SEO and Search
- How to Curate Content: The Secret Sauce to Getting Noticed, Becoming an Influencer, and Having Fun Online
- European court says linking to illegal content is copyright infringement
- 7 Elements of the Perfect Backlink
- Google Updates Schema Review Guidelines – Again
- Why Content Marketing’s Future Depends on Shorter Content and Less Content
Social Media/Small Business Bites
- 10 reasons not to pay reputation-attack sites for removals
- 20 Social Media Tools and Tips From the Experts
- Twitter now acts more like a messaging app with read receipts, typing indicators & web link previews
- Facebook vs. Instagram: Which Is a Better Fit for Your Marketing Efforts?
- The Large Untapped Opportunity With Pinterest
On iblogzone.com & more from around the web …
- Marketing Day: Google’s AMP viewer, Facebook Lookalikes & digital storytelling
- SearchCap: Google AdWords ad preview, Bing autocomplete, & illegal linking
- Inbound Marketing And Social Media – Resources, insights, news and trends to help small businesses grow
- Marketing Research Library – The #1 Resource for Free Marketing Research, White Papers, Reports, Case Studies, Magazines, and eBooks
That’s it! Enjoy and enjoy the rest of your weekend.