Hi everyone, hope you all had a great and productive week!
Navigating linking practices can be a treacherous process. Sometimes it feels like a penalty is lurking around every corner. In Rand’s Whiteboard Friday video belo, he talks about the ins and outs of linking internally and externally, identifying pitfalls and opportunities both.
Linking Internally and Externally from Your Site – Dangers, Opportunities, Risk and Reward
How to Use Twitter Analytics to Improve Your Engagement
Do you need better results from your Twitter marketing? Want to use Twitter Analytics to guide your efforts? The data in Twitter Analytics reports can help you identify the content that resonates with your audience, so you can build a more active following.
#1: Tailor Your Content to Audience Interests
#2: Schedule Tweets Based on Your Audience’s Location
#3: Tweet Around Events
#4: Replicate Key Characteristics of Popular Tweets
In this article you’ll discover four ways to use Twitter Analytics reports to boost replies, retweets, and other engagement metrics
HTTP to HTTPS: An SEO’s guide to securing a website
Despite the numerous benefits of switching to HTTPS, many SEOs and website owners have not done so.
Why move to HTTPS?
Google identifies several reasons to switch to HTTPS in their website migration guide. Data sent using HTTPS is secured via Transport Layer Security protocol (TLS), which provides three key layers of protection:
- Encryption. Encrypting the exchanged data to keep it secure from eavesdroppers. That means that while the user is browsing a website, nobody can “listen” to their conversations, track their activities across multiple pages or steal their information.
- Data integrity. Data cannot be modified or corrupted during transfer, intentionally or otherwise, without being detected.
- Authentication. Proves that your users communicate with the intended website. It protects against man-in-the-middle attacks and builds user trust, which translates into other business benefits.
There are other benefits, though, including the Google ranking boost previously mentioned. For those feeling intimidated by the prospect of switching to HTTPS, her’s a guide to securing your website courtesy of SearchEngineLand.com.
And as usual, in no particular order:
Content Creation & Marketing/SEO and Search
- How to Get Extra Organic Search Traffic with Google’s “Related Questions”
- 7 Tips to Help You on Your Way to Blogging Full Time
- 4 Top Visual Content Methods For Engagement
- Create Winning Content: 5 Reasons You Need To Stalk Your Competitors
- Top Tips and Tricks to Amplify Your Content Strategy in 2016
- Why Is Google Punishing Media for Old Content?
Social Media/Small Business Bites
- 10 New Facebook Features Every Marketer Should Know
- 9 Awesome Tools To Up Your Instagram Marketing Game
- Facebook Isn’t a Social Network Anymore
- 20+ Social Media Hacks and Tips From the Pros
- How publishers are preparing for the Instagram algorithm
More from around the web …
- Marketing Day: Liberty Mutual’s 360-degree Facebook ad, MarTech stacks & conversion tips
- Facebook Live Expands to Desktop and Drones: This Week in Social Media
- Inbound Marketing And Social Media – Resources, insights, news and trends to help small businesses grow
That’s it! Enjoy and have a great week ahead.
twitter analytics image credit: marketingland.com