Hi everyone, hope you all had a great and productive week! One thing that has been coming up over and over in the SEO sphere is whether or not you should use sub-domains or sub-folders. In addition, there are also some other questions that often come out about link sturcture. In this week’s whiteboard friday, Rand tackles three of them:
- Should I put subsections of my site on subdomains or in subfolders?
- Should I use a rel canonical or a 301 redirect to move content on a separate site over to my main domain?
- If I have multiple websites all linking back to my main site, does that help or hurt my SEO?
Subdomains vs. Subfolders, Rel Canonical vs. 301, and How to Structure Links for SEO
The State of Content Marketing 2015
An awful lot of marketers (and SEOs) believe that content marketing will be the most commercially important digital marketing trend for 2015. So much so that businesses expect to increase their budgets on content generation. Having polled more than 600 readers about their marketing activity, SmartInsights found that 29.6 percent of respondents cited content marketing as the most important digital tool for 2015, followed by big data and marketing automation. The partial infographic below, includes 7 content marketing planning tactics that are crucial to your business and where to invest your budget or efforts, as complied by SmartInsights. For the full infographic, visit their site here.
5 Tips for Writing Promoted Tweets That Drive Conversions
“For businesses, using Twitter Ads is one of the most simple yet effective ways to launch marketing campaigns or boost organic Twitter activity. Whether you’re looking to promote a product, generate leads or grow followers, Twitter Ads can help you reach new audiences beyond your existing followers – at a fraction of the cost of other channels”, says those fine folks at Hootsuite. To make the most of your campiagns on Twitter, they provide 5 tips on how to write your promoted tweets for maximum conversions.
Here’s a summary of some of them. To see them all, head over to Hootsuite’s blog.
- Include a Clear Call to Action
- Keep Them Short and Interesting
- Use Images, Video or Twitter Cards to Drive Higher Engagement
Do you use Twitter for your marketing campaign, or have you been using or thinking of using it’s promoted tweets feature?
And as usual, in no particular order:
Content Creation & Marketing/SEO and Search
- Looking to Guest Post on Authority Sites? Here’s How to Find the Best Blogs
- How to Orchestrate the Concert of Paid Content Promotion
- 7 Steps That Will Hook Your Audience through the Magnetic Force of Fascination
- Review of the Best Backlink Checkers for 2015
Social/Small Business Bites
- A faster way for SMBs to promote Tweets
- The Bing Ads Forums Have a New Home with Microsoft Answers
- Top 10 Social Media Blogs: The 2015 Winners!
- People Will Buy From You When They Understand What Business You’re Really In!
More from around the web …
- Marketing Day: Twitter & Google FAQs, LinkedIn Financials & Gap Instagram
- SearchCap: Google Gets Firehose, Google Algorithm Tweaks & Yahoo Gemini
- Weekly Marketing Skinny • February 7, 2015
That’s it! Enjoy, have a great weekend!