Hi everyone! Hope you all had a great week. This week had some few interesting stories that I would like to share with you, in case you haven’t heard about them yet.
Let’s start with Medium, the soon to be born “New Twitter”, a new publishing platform created by the founders of Twitter. According to Evan Williams (Twitter co-founder), Medium is is going “re-imagine” publishing. Hmmm, yet another one? Let’s see how this will unfold.
Here’s an excerpt of the official blog post:
Posting on Medium (not yet open to everyone) is elegant and easy, and you can do so without the burden of becoming a blogger or worrying about developing an audience. All posts are organized into “collections,” which are defined by a theme and a template… We believe that good design supports the purpose (not just the appeal) of content, so Medium is diverse in look and feel—ranging from different types of articles to images to, eventually, much more…
Collections are sometimes closed (like this one) but optionally open to contributions. For example, here’s an open collection of crazy stories. Here’s one example of a collection.
On a different forefront, Duane Forrester of Bing, continues on, with providing some real cool tips and advices about SEO. Recently published, he shares the secret sauce of SEO. What caught my attention in this post is really “what SEO is NOT about”. Something to think about.
- Fast – the work and results take time to complete and see in action
- Guaranteed – remember, you’re not in control of the algorithm
- Once & done – things change over time; algos evolve and so must your site
- Free – time is money, as the saying goes – SEO takes time
In addition to Duane’s posts, there are two videos (below) that will provide you with some insights about linking building tips and how to configure URL parameters on Google’s webmaster tools.
And finally, the CommentLuv Premium (CLP) madness. I’m sure you heard about this plugin before and about its advantages. Well, to celebrate its first year anniversary, Andy Bailey is going to offer this plugin (the unlimited version) for a discount of a little over than 50% starting the 23rd of August. It will be on a dime sale, and will last only for 10 days. If you want to get your hands on Andy’s CLP, plus a ton of bonuses (really good stuff), just check out (aff link) what he has to say. Nothing to loose 🙂
As usual, in no particular order:
Content Marketing/Small Business Bites
- 3 More Ways to Write Faster Blog Posts
- Increase Blog Traffic With These Four Free Techniques
- How Guest Blogging Can Destroy Your Blog and Reputation
- The Big Difference Between a Pitch and a Post: How NOT to Get Your Guest Post Published
- How Optimizing My Ugly Google+ Pic Increased Free Traffic 35%
- The Definitive Guide to Local SEO
- The Financial Justification For Search Engine Optimization
8 Link Building Tips – Whiteboard Friday
Social Web/Other Cool Stuff
- 26 Common Social Media Marketing Terms You Need To Know
- 9 Tips to Get More Out of Pinterest (with Pinterest Contests)
- Social Media Platforms Are About Traffic and Relationships and Not About SEO
- 5 Sites That Allow You To Get Custom Google Plus URL
Configuring URL Parameters in Webmaster Tools
If you’re the webmaster of a site with URLs parameters and you’d like to help Google crawl your site more efficiently, Maile Ohye gives pointers (for the more common cases) on how to configure URL Parameters in Webmaster Tools. Be careful, this is an advanced feature.
That’s it! Enjoy and have a great weekend.