Just like anything else, doing SEO requires not only knowledge of the best practices and techniques, but also effort and hard work. Yes, effort and hard work is a “standard” requirement with just about anything you do online to succeed. One of the things you need to have, when providing SEO services, or doing it your own, is a set of tools that will help you achieve a specific objective.
Before the privacy issue and other unknown reasons, there were a lot of free tools out there that helped you conduct your keyword and competition researches, without any problems. While there are still some great SEO tools available, sadly, most of them, in one way or another have some limitations.
Enter SEMrush. An advanced keyword and competitive research tool, that has been in my SEO tool arsenal for a very long time.
What is SEMrush?
In a nutshell, SEMrush is a professional software developed for search and marketing professionals, SEO enthusiasts, practitioners, and aspiring SEO Consultants. It provides the user with important SEO data, like how your site is doing in search engine rankings, discovering in the process keywords that you are ranking for and perhaps don’t even know about, and most importantly, it allows you to “spy” on your competitors, on a lot of factors, and on different search engines.
SEMRush is constantly updating its database. As of their last update, they now account with 452 K+ users, 106 million+ keywords, 96 million+ domains, on 26 different databases. So if numbers can impress you, that’s quite a lot of data that helps provide pretty accurate results.
Here’s a snapshot of what you can do with the tool:
- Check your website’s health
- Decide what issues to fix first
- Track web optimization progress
- See competitors’ best keywords
- Discover new organic competitors
- Observe position changes of domains
- Conduct a deep backlink analysis
- Understand referring domains’ authority
- Check backlinks’ types
- Spot the geolocation of referring domains and IPs
- Find the right keywords for SEO and PPC campaigns
- Gather phrase matches and related keywords
- Get long-tail keywords
- Explore multinational and multilingual environments
- Uncover Your Competitors’ Ad Strategies and Budget
- Analyze Your Online Rivals’ Ad Copies and Keywords
- Discover New Competitors in AdWords and Bing Ads
- Localize Your Ad Campaigns
- See top publishers and advertisers
- Analyze competitors’ display ads
- Spot new publishers
- View displays from different devices
and a lot more…
SEO Webinars, Guides, etc..
In case you were wondering, yes in addition to their resourceful blog, SEO guides, etc., SEMrush also has webinars for everyone to join and learn about SEO regardless if you are a member or not;
If the above is not enough, you can also be an affiliate of SEMrush and get 40% commission for each monthly payment over the lifetime of your referred user’s subscription! That´s fantastico!
Anyway, and as you can see, this is not just another SEO Tool. Convinced?
Now, here’s a great opportunity for iblogzone.com readers. SEMrush has been kind enough to provide three lucky people with a full six month access to two SEMrush PRO accounts and one SEMrush GURU membership. That’s nearly a $1.740 value.
And participating is easy, all you have to do is provided below. The more you participate and share, the more your chances of winning.
Now if you are in a hurry and want to go ahead and take SEMrush for a spin, signing up for free will give you a good feel of what you can expect from this SEO tool. Who knows, you may win, and all is needed then is to upgrade your account for a full six months access.