Hi everyone, hope you all had a great and productive week! This week, Rand of Moz.com, discusses how search engines have gotten to be remarkably good at understanding searchers’ intent, even if that’s not exactly what users are searching for. It is quite mind boggling to understand how SEs do this, but in Rand´s Whiteboard Friday video, he covers the basics on what we need to know about how entities are connected in search.
What SEOs Need to Know About Topic Modeling & Semantic Connectivity
2nd Quarter 2014 edition of the Shareaholic Social Media Traffic Report
Shareaholic´s data demonstrates that Facebook’s is still the dominating force as the leading driver of social referrals to sites across the web. Pinterest is now the queen of social referrals followed closely by Twitter. These results may not come as a surprise to you, but if you look at the other networks, then you may get surprised. In the 3rd Quarter 2014 edition of the Shareaholic Social Media Traffic Report, the 8 most popular social networks that sent traffic to publishers’ was looked at. The data reveals “share of visits,” a percentage of overall traffic — direct traffic, social referrals, organic search, paid search, etc. — sites received, for Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, StumbleUpon, Reddit, Google Plus, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
Here are the 4 key takeaways from the report:
1. Facebook leads the pack, driving 4 times as much traffic to sites as Pinterest does – For businesses, Facebook is a gold mine of audience data and content distribution. For users, it is a highly personalized window into the things/topics/news they care about.
2. Pinterest is coming for Facebook’s throne – In September, Pinterest delivered 5.52% of total visits sites received. Over the past year, its share of traffic has grown 50.07% (up 1.84 percentage points), giving it a noticeable lead over Twitter, StumbleUpon and Reddit.
3. Twitter is losing influence and clout – On a mission to be more like Facebook, Twitter may have lost its way. Since September 2013, Twitter’s share has steadily declined from 1.17% (its 13-month high) to 0.88% (its 13-month low) last month. This is a loss of 0.29 percentage points (down 24.97%).
4. StumbleUpon, Reddit, Google Plus, YouTube, and LinkedIn are in a category all their own
And speaking of Social Networks, I´m not sure if you have heard about Tsu yet. Tsu is a relatively new social network, and it´s primary difference from other networks is it aims to reward its users, by paying users for contributing and sharing original content.
Simply put, the more interesting content you create and the more it gets shared. the greater the potential of you making money off the network. Joining the network is quite easy. You do need to be invited or have someone else´s short code (mine is ditesco, lol). If you want to know more about how it works, here´s the link to their FAQ page. Have you heard about them yet?
And as usual, in no particular order:
Content Creation & Marketing/SEO and Search
- How to Create Content That Drives Lots of Organic Traffic
- Negative SEO Is Real & Google Needs To Fix It
- 11 Killer Tips to Leverage SlideShare’s Power in Your Visual Content Marketing
- How to Include Influencers in Your Content Strategy
Social/Small Business Bites
- Bad News For Those Looking For More Twitter Traffic
- 22 Facebook Facts and Statistics You Need To Know Right Now
- The Quick Guide to Timing Your Tweets
- Blog Monetization: How You Can Make More Money With Your Blog
More from around the web …
- SearchCap: Halloween, Google Tax In Spain & AdWords Features
- Marketing Day: Twitter Drives Holiday Sales, Post Conversion CRO & Zuckerberg To Host Q&A
- Weekly Marketing Skinny – November 1, 2014
That’s it! Enjoy and have a great weekend!
One thought on “Topic Modeling, Social Traffic Referrals, New Tsu Social Network, Speedlink 45:2014”
As always, thanks for the shout, Francisco!
Comments are closed.