Hi everyone, hope you all had a great and productive week! Once upon a time, there was a web property where “everyone” wanted to be listed on. Among other things, it was good for SEO and was one of the top sources to get found on the web. That web property was Yahoo Directory. Recently, Yahoo officially announced that it’s killing off the Yahoo Directory. An end of an era that perhaps really had ended some time ago.
Here´s what Yahoo´s SVP said…
Directory: Yahoo was started nearly 20 years ago as a directory of websites that helped users explore the Internet. While we are still committed to connecting users with the information they’re passionate about, our business has evolved and at the end of 2014 (December 31), we will retire the Yahoo Directory. Advertisers will be upgraded to a new service; more details to be communicated directly.
Panda Update Rolling Out This Weekend
Google´s Pierre Far announced that earlier this week a slow rollout of an improved Panda algorithm was deployed. Expecting to complete the rollout by early next week, he further mentions that this will result in a greater diversity of high-quality small- and medium-sized sites ranking higher. Now that´s good news. Kinda tired of seeing only “mega-brands” up there, haha.
How Some Companies Succeed at Converting Visitors yet Fail to Earn Great Customers
“It’s easy to think that conversion is the end goal for most marketing teams, but any business that relies on customer loyalty needs to take a it a step farther. In today’s Whiteboard Friday, Rand explains a few of the reasons that people we thought were new customers often decide to leave.”
And as usual, in no particular order:
Content Creation & Marketing/SEO and Search
- Broken Link Building Bible: The New Testament
- How to Find Low Quality Content & Fix for Creating Quality Site
- Are You Confused by Google Semantics? SEO Tips You Need
- 3 Tragic Errors to Avoid When Building a Web Content Marketing Program
Social/Small Business Bites
- Facebook Post Types: Picking a Winner Isn’t Easy
- How to use Pinterest Analytics to change the way you Pin
- 17 Quick Wins to Boost Your Social Media Marketing Right Away
- 10 Awful Mistakes That Keep You Away From Success on Twitter
More from around the web …
- Ana Hoffman´s Weekly Marketing Skinny, September 27, 2014
- Marketing Day: A New Google Panda Update, The Ello Social Network & Twitter Ads That Target Movie Fans
That’s it! Enjoy and have a great weekend!
5 thoughts on “Yahoo Directory Ending, Panda Update, Converting Visitors, Speedlink 40:2014”
Thanks for the shout, Francisco!
Welcome Ana. Hope all is well with you
Hi Francisco! Hope you’re doing great. Thanks for the mention.
I missed some of this info so I’m glad you shared these articles.
I´m good Ileane, thanks for asking. Hope all is going great on your side as well. I have been a bit MIA on a lot of things. Off-line endeavors has been taking a toll 🙂
Hi Francisco, thanks for the round up. I am sure many of us as eager to see how Panda impacts us.
Comments are closed.