Hi everyone! Hope you all had a great week. This week, Facebook has generated a lot of buzz with their announcement of the new (upcoming) “Facebook Home” product. As described by Zuckerberg, Home is a “family of apps” that essentially push Facebook content front and center on your Android phone. Once the phone “turns on,” the home screen is replaced with something called “Cover Feed.” Images and posts from friends will appear and users can flip through and interact with them, without having to open a specific Facebook app. What do you think about this new…? As it so seems, Microsoft is not very excited about it, actually going as far as saying that that’s their thing.
On a different front, Google reader as reported by SearchEngineLand.com appears to be working again. That’s interesting to see that it is, especially after the alternative Talkwalker has been gaining some traction lately. Anyway, I did notice this week that Google alerts has been sending sending me more “useful” info. How about you? Noticed any changes?
Finally, I stumbled upon Makey Makey on CNN.com. Not sure if you heard about it but I am a bit confused as to what exactly can one do with this gadget. Counting on you to come up with some ideas 🙂 Anyway, “MaKey MaKey is an invention kit for the 21st century, that turns everyday objects into touchpads and combine them with the internet.” Among other things, you can even turn some bananas into a keyboard. How about that? One things for sure, we haven’t seen them all, yet 🙂
As usual, in no particular order:
- 3 Free SEO Tools for Identifying Target Keywords
- Google Plus SEO: Everybody Talks About It – How Do You DO It?
- Link Seller Linking To You? Google Says You Won’t Benefit From It.
- Slideshare Traffic Case Study: From 0 to 243,000 Views in 30 Days
Social/Blogging/Small Business Bites
- How to Create Consistently Great Content for the Long Haul
- 11 Things I Wish I Knew Before I Started My First Blog
- Facebook Marketing for Small Business: What You Need to Know
More Cool Stuff and Other Roundups
- Marketing Day: April 5, 2013
- 3 WordPress Plugins to Diversify Your Content
- Playbook Guides – a new set of resources designed for the unique needs of different content creators (YouTube)
10 Most Used Passwords Of All Time
This list contains ten of the most used and hacked passwords in the world / planet earth. If you are using anyone of them, maybe its a good time to change it and make your site more secure. Do you know more commonly used secret words / phrases?
That’s it! Enjoy, have a great weekend!