Hi everyone! Hope you all had a great week. One of the news that caught my attention this week was the one reported by SearchEngineWatch.com regarding Yandex surpassing Bing on global search queries. Undoubtedly, this is very interesting and one might think what’s going on? Either users are using more Yandex, or Bing is just loosing ground. Though to say. Anyway, if you are interested, you should know that Yandex also has a webmaster tools of their own. Quite cool actually and you can make use of them to source for more link data, among other things. Check it out if your interested. Yandex is slowly creeping up and you never what can happen.
On a different front, SEOmoz focused on an issue that many are particularly interested in, link building. Last year, it has been brutal for many traditional forms of link building. Techniques that once worked are now not good enough and the obvious question is, what works and what technique will be penalized next? Will it be the use of Infographic, Guest blogging, etc.? In this week’s Whiteboard Friday, the topic discussed is how to future-proof your links from penalties while delivering higher rewards – no matter what tactic you use.
High-Value Tactics, Future-Proof Link Building – Whiteboard Friday
Finally, an interesting question popped up on Google’s Webmaster Help channel on YouTube. Matt Cutts responds to a question from a user asking why Google simply does not get rid of the Google PageRank toolbar. Don’t know about you, but I think that the question was not really answered. Also, he mentioned that on “Internet Explorer 10”, it appears that the toolbar is not allowed. Did you know that?
Why don’t you turn off the PageRank feature in the Google Toolbar?
As usual, in no particular order:
- How To Do Mobile Keyword Research In 2013
- 10 Tools for Creating Infographics and Visualizations
- Why Content Marketing is Not Branding
- 34 Tools to Help You Create Better Content From Start to Finish (and Beyond)
Small Business Bites/Social
- Google Author Rank: Has Google Chairman Eric Schmidt Now Confirmed It?
- Meet The Next Version Of Twitter?
- Hunting for Business Ideas? Consider Looking at These 8 Hot Industries
- Partnering With Another Blogger: The Complete Guide
More Cool (and not so cool) Stuff and Other Roundups
- Is Gmail Privacy As Bad As Microsoft Says It Is?
- The Future of the Password [infographic]
- Marketing Day: February 8, 2013
That’s it! Enjoy, have a great weekend!