Hi everyone! Hope you all had a great week. For the last couple of weeks, I have been mentioning here and there about the “new Digg“, and on August 1, it finally happened. The new Digg was born, and quite frankly I am yet to find out how to work with it. At first glance, it reminds me of Delicious stacks, and aside from the design, everything else seems to be completely new. And by this, I mean, all my previous posts are gone, links from search engines that point to “cached” URLs return 404’s, can’t login with my old credentials, access for now is limited via your FaceBook account only, etc.. It does seem to offer integration with FaceBook and Twitter. WTH are they doing there, I really don’t know, but considering that the relaunch was made in such a short period of time and from scratch, its really to early to make any evaluation about it, we’ll see. What about you? Have you tried or seen the new Digg yet? What do you think about it?
Anyway, on the bright side of things, SEOMoz has published an awesome video sharing valuable tips about YouTube ranking factors. If you are using videos as part of your content marketing strategy, the video below, along with this article on how to optimize your videos, are a great way to start and learn a bit more about video creation and optimization.
And since we are talking about videos, perhaps you would want to know about Viddy, a sort of Twitter for videos. Here’s a cool article that tells you how to connect with your audience using 15 second videos.
YouTube Ranking Factors
As usual, in no particular order:
Content Marketing/Online Business Bites
- 50 Blogging Ideas to Steal and Take Credit For
- How I Got Back my GoDaddy’s Stolen Domain Names
- Blog Posting Frequency: Do I Care How Often You Post?
- What Michael Phelps’ 19th Olympic Medal can Teach You About Smarter Online Marketing
- To Catch a Spammer: Uncovering Negative SEO
- Adjusted Bounce Rate Available in Google Analytics – Web Marketers Rejoice!
- Post-Penguin SEO Link Building: The Naked (URL) Truth
- 3 Ways to Use Social Media to Improve Your Search Rankings
Social Web/Other Cool Stuff
- 12 Must-Know Tips to Improve Fan Engagement on Your Facebook Page
- How To Create a Facebook Timeline Cover with No Designer Skills
- 5 Rules Every SEO Should Live By
- Creating Twitter Application for Tweet Old Post WordPress Plugin
Around the Web [more roundups]
That’s it! Enjoy and have a great weekend.