Hi everyone! Hope you all had a great week. Google – Facebook, Facebook – Google, seems that both not only compete technology wise, but also news wise. Its either one or the other. After Google unveiling “project glass“, they also announced the “new Google+ look”, which if any of you missed, is a total redesign of Google+ UI. Have you tried it yet? Do you like the new Google+ design? Personally, I do.
Meanwhile, Facebook, on its shopping spree, announced the acquisition of Instagram for a hefty $1 billion, and Tagtile. Is that a lot? Well, watch this video of Jon Stewart and Senior Youth Correspondent Jessica Williams explaining Facebook’s acquisition of Instagram, and some insights about Google’s futuristic glasses. It’s hilarious!
Are you an Instagram user? What do you think about this acquisition? Some users are not so happy about Facebook’s takeover of Instagram.
As usual, in no particular order:
- 7 Link Building Mistakes You Ought to Avoid
- How Should You Handle Expired Content?
- Google’s 2012 Phishing Expedition: When Matt Cutts Goes Fishing You’re the Fish
- Timing Your SEO Efforts to Rank During Traffic Peaks & Spikes
Content/Online Business Bites
- 44 Must Read Resources on Content Marketing
- How to Source and Host a Guest Post Series
- Secrets of the Most Productive People I Know
- 20 Ways to Kill Your Writer’s Block Forever
Social Web/Other Cool Stuff
- Facebook URLs and Email Now Linked
- How To Buffer Your Pictures For Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
- 4 Ways to Protect Yourself Against Identity Theft
- 5 Top Google+ Tools and Apps for Marketing Pros
Around the Web [more roundups]
- 7 Content Marketing Links You Shouldn’t Leave Home Without
- Marketing Day: April 13, 2012
- Weekly Chop Shop: Make Money Blogging – Who, How, and How Much
Does PageRank flow through image links?
Matt answers this question extremely fast, but the answer is…
That’s it! Enjoy and have a great week ahead.