Hi everyone! Hope you all had a great week. Don’t know if any of you have already heard about Sitizens before, but this site (just over a month old), has been popping my radar lately (on Google Analytics). I have been seeing some interesting number of referral traffic from this site, but quite frankly, I was not paying too much attention to it (high bounce rate), until Sherryl Perry of KeepUpWithTheWeb posted an article that mentions Sitizens as being her “top source of referral traffic” for a period of time.
Is it a viable source of traffic? What kind of quality does that traffic bring? Does it pay to advertise there? For now, all I have are questions, and hopefully, some of you may already have an experience with it, so fire away, and let us know about it. In any event, Sherryl’s article provides more insights about the “social gaming site”, where they (sitizens), says it is a place where you can “rule and explore the web”.
On a different front, have you ever “shared” something on Google+, only to find out that you were the last one to let people know about it? Would you want to be amongst the first to? If you do, here is a PRO tip from Louis Gray, that might help.
And more on Google+. Do you want to see your pages with more engagement? Recently, The Financial Times has found that images and videos have the highest engagement on their +page. In lieu of this interesting case study, Google officially shared a tip on how to make the most of the visual nature of the platform to help increase interaction with your content. Must admit, I have not tried doing it this way (yet), but no harm in trying, right?
Finally, SEO is not just about your own websites. It is also about dominating and managing your online reputation, your “personal SEO”. KissMetrics, on this post, shares 14 tips on how to go about how to Dominate Your Personal Brand On Google With This 14 Point Checklist.
As usual, in no particular order:
Content Marketing/Small Business Bites
- The Ninja’s Guide to Google Alerts
- How to Create an Idea Dashboard to Track Your Favorite Content Ideas
- Inspirational Online Business Stories from the Blogging World
- How To Schedule YouTube Video Uploads and Add A Custom Thumbnail
- The Massive Guide to Getting Massive Traffic
- Cutts: Last Time I Checked, Bing Was Still Using Google As A Signal
- Why Are Popular Keywords So Hard to Rank for with a New Website?
- 6 Ways To Improve Your Website With Google Webmaster Tools
Social Web/Other Roundups and Cool Stuff
- 20 Innovative Ways to Use Visual Content to Rock Your Facebook Page
- Facebook Pages 101 – Admin Settings Dashboard For Your Page
- Marketing With Twitter Effectively – Free Guide
- Recap: Marketing Day: September 4, 2012 – Marketing Land
Kiersi Burkhart: Blogging as a platform: Making a name for yourself in your target community
If you are starting a blog, thinking of making one, Kiersi runs through some good stuff, from detrmining your goals as a blogger, building your platform, reaching your audience, making a name for yourself, etc..
That’s it! Enjoy and have a great weekend.