Hello everyone! Hope you all had a great week. You may already have heard about Google unveiling a concept called “Project Glass“. Essentially, the device, that resembles eyeglasses, takes all the functionality of a smartphone and places it into the see-through lens displaying lots of information, from text messages to maps to reminders. As the team over at project glass states:
We think technology should work for you—to be there when you need it and get out of your way when you don’t.
Project Glass, one day…
And a short modified version of some possible “pitfalls” from wearing it.. (parody)
So what do you think, are we really going to need this digitally enhanced glasses eventually?
Anyway, on a side note, it seems that Google is not the only one focused on attacking spammers. Twitter this week decided to take the “fight” up a notch and filed legal suits against some “automated” Twitter services. It appears that services such as “TweetBuddy” and even “TweetAdder”, are amongst the defendants of this legal assault. Read more about it here.
And for the roundup of this week, in no particular order:
- How to Build Links Through Guest Blogging
- Which ranking signals do SEOs worry about too much?
- What’s Better – On-page SEO or Link-building?
- AuthorRank could be more disruptive than all of the Panda updates combined
Content/Online Business Bites
- Content Curation Guide for SEO – What, How, Why
- How to Create a Website and Sell it for $200,000
- 20 Ways to Get Your Content Marketing Discovered
- The Copyblogger “Secret” to Creating Better Content
In case you missed it: Free Content Curation Tools (shameless promotion)
Social Web/Other Cool Stuff
- 2012 Social Media Marketing Industry Report (excellent and available only until April 19 – its free!)
- 25 Timeline Ready Apps for Enhancing Your Facebook Page
- 10 Terrific Resources to Learn Web Development Yourself
- 5 Ways to Avoid Looking Desperate or Selfish on Social Media
Around the Web [more roundups] – new
- Marketing Land’s – Marketing Day: April 6, 2012
- Fetching Friday – Resources Mashup & BRNO HDR
Pagination and SEO
Google’s Maile Ohye examines the issues webmasters face with paginated content: paginated articles, product category listings, etc. She then explains the options available to those webmasters concerned about SEO, including rel=”next” and rel=”prev” HTML markup.
That’s it! Enjoy and have a great week ahead. For those who celebrate, Happy Easter!