There’s some good news for you creative types – the days of the starving artist are over… hopefully.
With the growth of the Internet and Internet-related business, the demand for creativity and artistic talents is higher than ever. While you might not be crafting pieces worthy of the Louvre, you can definitely make more than enough to fill your belly. In addition to your natural talents, you’ll need a few more skills to hit the big time as an Internet marketer.
Follow these tips to become a success in your new field:
Learn to Sell without Selling
In this brave new world of ours, the key to selling is something that will appeal to your artistic temperament as long as you don’t look too closely at the other side. The best way to gain fame as an Internet marketer is to disguise your sales campaign as free content. Think viral videos, funny cartoons, crazy stories, or anything else that will set the world where tweets rule supreme on fire. While your audience is entertained, your strategy of building a brand is successful.
Be Willing to Put in the Time
Although Internet marketing can be a high paying career, it’s also a lot of hard work. If you expect the dough to start rolling in with minimum effort, you’ll be sorely disappointed. Hard work and long hours don’t always agree with the artistic temperament – unless you’re working 24/7 on your latest masterpiece! If you can equate your new marketing project with a work of creative genius, you’ll be well on your way to success.
Learn Some New skills
While being an idea-man is a great place to start, it won’t turn you into an overnight sensation in the online world. To fully leverage your natural talents, add these skills to your repertoire:
- Search Engine Optimization – Often referred to simply as SEO, this technique will earn you priority ranking on the online world’s favorite search engines. After all, it won’t matter how engaging your creativity is if no one sees it. In addition, try creating creating custom RSS feeds, and Google places optimization (local search), for more exposure.
- XHTML and CSS – While no one expects an Internet marketer to be a full-blown programmer, it will help everyone if you understand a few basic concepts when it comes to what is and is not possible with a web page.
- Pay-Per-Click Marketing – While this is one of the most effective marketing strategies, it’s also one of the costliest. Before using this one, make sure you fully understand the right way to go about it – or you could quickly drain your entire budget and then some.
- Social Media Marketing – These days, anyone who’s anyone spends a considerable amount of their day on social networks like Facebook and Twitter. To reach this audience, you’ll need to learn the specific strategies that work with these platforms and their loyal members.
- Statistics and Analytics – These two things will tell you how you’re doing and what your next step should be. Learn how to interpret the numbers and use the results to your advantage. Monitor your SEO efforts, to stay ahead.
- eMail Marketing – You should know that this is one of the methods that many internet marketers are using as it is still very effective, provided you apply, best practices only and not SPAM. There are several information out there about how to build a list, so it should be hard fro you to learn the ropes on how to use this tactic effectively.
By entering the Internet marketing field, you can find success and an outlet for your creativity. If you are doing local business, don’t forget to include Google Places Optimisation in your marketing strategy. What’s your dream job online?
PS. More tips on attraction marketing