Hi everyone, hope you all had a great and productive week!
Knowing what content to create is one of a marketer’s most difficult jobs. It’s all too easy to imagine your target audience and what they already appreciate, then create more of that.
In Rand’s Whiteboard Friday video below, he discusses why that’s a bit short-sighted, and we should have a broader vision.
Why It’s a Bad Idea to Only Create Content for Your Specific Target Audience
Avoid These 8 Mistakes & Create Facebook Ads That Work
Advertising on Facebook has existed for quite a while now. While this is the case, there are many marketers that up until now are still not using Facebook’s marketing platform properly. And just like Google’s Adwords, Facebook also requires some skills and learning to be able to use its ad platform properly. If you don’t know what you’re doing with it, it’s easy to make costly mistakes and think that Facebook doesn’t work for you.
But that doesn’t have to be the case. Done properly, Facebook can give you an amazing returns on your marketing campaigns.
With that said, Neatly.io has asked 27 experts (in a total of 5,500+ words!) what the biggest mistakes people make with Facebook ads are, and how to avoid them. The reply rate was amazing and in a compilation of responses, know what mistake you’re making and just want to know how to fix it?
Here’s an excerpt of the 8 mistakes
- Don’t Know What You’re Doing
- No Tracking
- Poor Targeting
- Not Retargeting
- The Wrong Ad
- The Wrong Metrics
- Not Enough Testing
- Listening to Too Much Advice
read the full article here
How to Use Twitter Conversational Ads and Instant Unlock Cards
Wondering how Twitter’s conversational ads and instant unlock cards work? Want examples of brands using them well? Twitter’s conversational ads and instant unlock cards encourage your audience not only to engage with your ads, but also to share them with their own followers.
In this article, you’ll discover how to use Twitter conversational ads and instant unlock cards for business.
And as usual, in no particular order:
Content Creation & Marketing/SEO and Search
- 10 Content Writing Tips That Will Help You Find Interesting Topics in Minutes
- Is SEO right for your business?
- Gum, Glue, Marketing Too: 3 Ways to Make Your Content and Campaigns Stick
- 6 Ways to Make Your Content More Authoritative for SEO
- Top 5 Simple, Often Ignored Factors that Can Tremendously Impact Your SEO
Social Media/Small Business Bites
- Cracking the Code to Going Viral
- Everything You Need To Know About Facebook Ads
- 14 LinkedIn Hacks That Will Triple the Size of Your Network in Two Weeks
- How to make a Twitter bot in under an hour
- 5 Social Media Marketing Ideas for the Holidays Drawn From This Facebook Study
On iblogzone.com & more from around the web …
- SearchCap: Google algorithm update, SEO business & PPC updates
- Marketing Day: New Salesforce Wave Analytics features, App Store updates & more
- Inbound Marketing And Social Media – Resources, insights, news and trends to help small businesses grow
- Marketing Research Library – The #1 Resource for Free Marketing Research, White Papers, Reports, Case Studies, Magazines, and eBooks
That’s it! Enjoy and enjoy the rest of your weekend.