Hi everyone, hope you all had a great and productive week!
The long tail of search can be a mysterious place to explore, often lacking the volume data that we usually rely on to guide us. But the keyword phrases you can uncover there are worth their weight in gold, often driving highly valuable traffic to your site.
In Rand’s Whiteboard Friday video below, he delves into core strategies you can use to make long tail keywords work in your favor, from niche-specific SEO to a bigger content strategy that catches many long tail searches in its net.
Long Tail SEO: When & How to Target Low-Volume Keywords
FAQ: All about the new Google RankBrain algorithm
Recent news have emerged that Google was (is) using a machine-learning artificial intelligence system called “RankBrain” to help sort through its search results. Wondering how that works and fits in with Google’s overall ranking system? Here’s what we know about RankBrain.
The information covered in this article comes from three original sources and has been updated over time, with notes where updates have happened.
Here are those sources:
First is the Bloomberg story that broke the news about RankBrain yesterday (See also our write-up of it). Second, additional information that Google has now provided directly to Search Engine Land. Third, our own knowledge and best assumptions in places where Google isn’t providing answers. We’ll make clear where these sources are used, when deemed necessary, apart from general background information.
What is RankBrain?
RankBrain is Google’s name for a machine-learning artificial intelligence system that’s used to help process its search results, as was reported by Bloomberg and also confirmed to us by Google.
And it goes on… read the full article on link provided above. What do you think about “RankBrain” anyway? And don’t forget to check out the “other” RankBrain related articles listed below.
Do’s and Dont’s of SEO copywriting
SEO copywriting can be a daunting process. What are the things you most definitely should do in order to write readable and SEO-friendly content? And, what are the things you should definitely avoid?
In this article, Yoast presents the most important do’s and don’ts in SEO copywriting.
And as usual, in no particular order:
Content Creation & Marketing/SEO and Search
- Diving for Pearls: A Guide to Long Tail Keywords – Next Level
- 11 Methods That Will Make Your Content Marketing Campaign Go Viral
- Google: There Is No RankBrain Score & You Don’t Optimize For It
- 5 Content Marketing Tactics You’re Still Getting Wrong
- Successful Content Marketing Without Writing Any Content
Social Media/Small Business Bites
- Facebook Instant Articles: How to Get Started
- Five Things Every Marketer Can Learn from E3
- The Power of Personality on Twitter (And What Your Brand Can Steal)
- 5 Social Media Content Formats Your Business Needs
- Things To Know Before Adding Affiliate Links To Your Website
More from around the web …
- Marketing Research Library – The #1 Resource for Free Marketing Research, White Papers, Reports, Case Studies, Magazines, and eBooks
- Marketing Day: Lytics Personalization, retail tech survey & YouTube’s live streaming
- SearchCap: Google My Business API, challenges faced by agencies & more
- Inbound Marketing And Social Media – Resources, insights, news and trends to help small businesses grow
- SEO & Marketing – Inbound Marketing News, Insights, Trends, Tips and more
That’s it! Enjoy and have a great week ahead.