Home > SpeedLink Weekly > Speedlink V29/2011, SEO, Blogging, Google Plus, Social Web

Speedlink V29/2011, SEO, Blogging, Google Plus, Social Web

speedlink 29

Hi everyone! I hope you all had a great week and sorry if I have been somewhat MIA for the past few days. There are however reasons for this, one being a client, that has been more demanding this week than usual, and the other, because of Brankica and Kristi. Yeah! Have you heard about these two yet? Obviously, you will want to know why.

Here’s why. Brankica was on fire this week and simply decided to write a 3 post series about “simple” blog improvements. Well those simple blog improvements actually add up to 99 actionable tasks, and guess what, I spent most of the time going over it and check, check, check. Kristi on the other hand, wrote an extremely helpful article about a little known ways to measure and set up goals via Google Analytics 5. Don’t know about you, but I never got to figure out how to use GA as its best for goal conversions. Well, I do now 🙂 Don’t miss it…

Blogging/Business

Social Web

What is Caffeine indexing?

That’s it! Enjoy and have a great week ahead.

1 James Pruitt August 6, 2011 at 8:40 pm

Thanks DiTesco. Great resources. Still working on th GA myself, and trying to figure it all out. Will have to get to Brankica’s tomorrow, but got it bookmarked now. Thanks for including my post at Basic Blog Tips in the list. you rock.

2 DiTesco August 10, 2011 at 2:12 pm

Hi James. Sorry for responding so late.. Got a list of excuses, but I won’t bother you with that now, lol. Your post was outstanding, I loved it. Keep it up.. perhaps one day you will be encouraged to write one here for me too 🙂 It will be my pleasure..

Ileane

August 6, 2011 at 9:02 pm

Hi DiTesco, Kristi is the Queen of Blogging contests so I’m sure she will do well with that awesome entry, she’s a smart lady. Brankica is no joke either and I can’t believe she is giving away such powerful information for free! Two wonderful reasons for you to be occupied.
Nice to see that you still had time to check out the post from James about reasons bloggers don’t make money. James is one of my favorite guest bloggers!

Thanks for all the links too. btw – the last post about social media doesn’t have the hyperlink and I really want to check that one out! Tweet me when you get a chance to add it. Take care!

4 DiTesco August 10, 2011 at 2:17 pm

Hi Ileane. Sorry for the late response.. as you said I have all the reasons to be occupied, plus some more 🙂 I totally agree with you as far as Kristi and Brankica’s posts. Believe it or not, I suggested Brankica to dress up the eBook a bit and either sell it or offer it in exchange of something, Tweet, Share, or optin.. Instead, she gave it for free… just tot show you that she is there to help..

As for James article, you are welcome. I loved it, as it truly conveys a strong message that people who want to make money should be aware of.

BTW, congrats on your new found responsibilities on BE. Let me know if there is something I can do to help 🙂

Alex Aguilar

August 7, 2011 at 5:52 am

Just watched the Google Caffeine video, great stuff – innovations like these are why Google is at the top of the search engine game. Until I start seeing similar videos of Microsoft engineers touting their innovative new search features in Bing, I’ll stick with Google. Also the points made about Google Instant and Google Preview in that video are spot on. I never really paid much attention to Google Preview when it first came out, dismissing it as yet another Google gimmick. But, like everything else Google throws at you, the preview feature slowly grew on me and is today an integral part of my Google search experience – it actually saves a lot of time by simply checking out the previews in the search results.

6 DiTesco August 10, 2011 at 2:19 pm

Hi Alex.. I agree with you.. for now I am also sticking with Gooogle, although I have my “radar” closely monitoring events and whatever new stuff that comes out of Bing. You never know how the wind will blow tomorrow 😉

thanks for stopping by and sorry for the delay in my response. Always appreciate your thoughts

Ray

August 7, 2011 at 6:44 am

99 task or tips must have took a bit of time to put together. I’ll check it out when I get a chance. You never know when you might come across something that you can use or didn’t know.

8 DiTesco August 10, 2011 at 2:21 pm

Hi Ray. Those 99 tasks are really helpful as it serves as a guide or checklist, if you prefer, on sometimes simple things we tend to forget. I have probably gone over the whole bit already and found that I am only half way there 🙂 thanks for stopping by

Mark

August 7, 2011 at 12:29 pm

Interesting article DiTesco. I will check them out…this is going to take a while…;)

Mark

Sheila Atwood

August 8, 2011 at 12:50 am

DiTesco,

Glad, you did get some reading done. I missed both Brankia and Kisti’s posts now I have some work to do too. Like you I would love to get more out my analytics and it is always nice to have someone willing to learn and teach.

I have been working on bookmarking this week and found Alex’s post very helpful. Thanks…now I will be speedlinking to a the rest on your list.

11 DiTesco August 10, 2011 at 2:24 pm

Hi Sheila. Alex does have always something cool to share with his readers and I too have to find my way on better leveraging the power of GA. just have to find some “hole” in my never ending to do list 🙂

Thanks for stopping by and sorry for responding too late

12 RonLeyba August 8, 2011 at 3:35 am

Thanks for all the tips and resources you have shared Di! And that post of Kristi is a kick ass one! I mean, simply awesome, lots of new things learned from that post alone.

13 DiTesco August 10, 2011 at 2:25 pm

Hi Ron. Yep.. Kristi’s post is indeed a KA.. can’t argue with that 🙂

Priya @ Goa Beaches

August 8, 2011 at 6:51 am

GA was never easy for me……… I usually got confused and could not use it much better. I’ve read Krisit post and really liked it as she’s told everything in easy way.

Michele Welch

August 10, 2011 at 3:42 am

Hey DiTesco,

I agree with you on those special shout outs for Kristi and Brankica. Two great articles! Girls know how to bring it. 😉

I’ve read quite a few of these this week. Hmm… what does this tell me?

Thanks for the mention, always killer resources and of course my weekly Matt Cutts video. 😉

16 DiTesco August 10, 2011 at 2:29 pm

Aloha partner. Yep, those girls do know how to bring it 🙂

As for reading quite a few of these.. either we are both on the same radar (no surprise there, lol) or .. I really don’t know, haha

Thanks for stopping by. You know how much I appreciate it 😉