Home > SpeedLink Weekly > Speedlink V27/2011, StumbleUpon, SEO, Blogging, Social Web

Speedlink V27/2011, StumbleUpon, SEO, Blogging, Social Web

speedlink 27

Hi everyone! With the exception of some tragic events reported in Europe, most of what I’ve seen in the main technology news websites have been “circled” around on FaceBook, Google+ and Twitter. One article that called my attention in particular was from Mashable, which shows how creativity knows no limits. There are users that have been tweaking their Google+ profiles with some real cool “photo” hacks, like the one below. If you know how to do this, please do write a “tutorial” about it, and let me know 🙂

google plus profile photos

In addition, you should really watch the video of “Where Good Ideas Come From”.. it is awesome.

As usual, and in no particular order:

Blogging/Business

Social Web

Does selling the same product on three different domains look spammy?

Where Good Ideas Come From

That’s it! Enjoy and have a great week ahead.

Jane | Find All Answers

July 23, 2011 at 5:59 pm

Love the Google plus photo hacks. Not just Google but people themselves are keen about getting Google plus on top of Facebook. Hacking is healthy 🙂 Loved the hack profiles at Mashable.

Great list of resources BTW.

2 DiTesco July 24, 2011 at 1:49 pm

Hi Jane. Never did learn how to do this hack on FB. Will see if I can do something as creative as these people 🙂

3 Ileane July 23, 2011 at 11:26 pm

Hi DiTesco, I love that photostrip for Google + ! So cool. It should be easy enough to do. Once you have a beautiful image, you just break it up into equally sized parts and upload them in order. I don’t think it matters much what the size of the original is because they will all be scaled down to the same height and width by Google.
We could all do this on our Facebook Pages – IF Facebook didn’t come up with the “brilliant” idea to rotate the pics and show them in random order. (of course you know I’m kidding when I use FB and brilliant in the same sentence) 🙂

Kristi’s StumbleUpon post is phenomenal!

It was my pleasure to record the audio introduction to WPJ. I hope you and Michele enjoyed it. If you ever want me to say anything more just send me a script and I’ll take care of it asap!

Thanks for the link love!

4 DiTesco July 24, 2011 at 1:52 pm

Hi Ileane. Thanks for the heads up on that photostrip. Working on something to see if I can do the same thing, or least close enough 🙂

As for your podcast, I can’t thank you enough. That was really cool of you! Love it… Thanks a bunch

Riya

July 24, 2011 at 7:31 am

I created my Google+ profile 2 days ago and don’t know much about its feature, but yes I’m searching it’s cool features and quite sure get to know about such photo hacks very soon. Then I’ll let u know. 😉

6 DiTesco July 26, 2011 at 1:33 pm

Hi Riya. OK then, when you get to know how to do that photo hack, let me know.. I want to make one for myself 🙂

7 Kristi Hines July 25, 2011 at 5:54 am

Thanks for including my StumbleUpon post! 🙂

8 DiTesco July 25, 2011 at 1:30 pm

You are welcome Kristi. That post is awesome.. Have a nice day…

brian speer

July 25, 2011 at 2:31 pm

That’s is a really cool hack. I hope someone does do a tutorial.

DiTesco

July 26, 2011 at 1:34 pm

Hi Brian.. It is a great hack, and I am sure someone will come up with a tutorial very soon 😉

Gini Dietrich

July 25, 2011 at 7:11 pm

OMG! What’s that drawing presentation art called? I can’t remember – there is a specific name for it. I wish I had that talent. It makes things so much more interesting.

Thanks for the link to the Google+ blog post!

12 DiTesco July 26, 2011 at 1:11 pm

Hi Gini. Well you got me there on that awesome presentation, not sure how it is called too 🙂 Anyway, I hear you on the talent part, it would really be cool if we can do things like that.

Welcome on the link, I think it is a very good call. Thanks for stopping by.

steve

July 26, 2011 at 2:02 am

I enjoyed the first video. It very informative and nice to hear answer from people who actually know how things work. Yes its bet weird to hear that you have 3 domains for identical product. Its more easy if each domain push different product at a time.

14 DiTesco July 26, 2011 at 1:39 pm

Hi Steve.. I am not sure if the person who asked the question actually made it right.. You see I don’t see any reason why three different domains, i.e., three websites could not promote the same product. Maybe the real question was if all three domains had identical content (e.g. word for word, image and for images), if they would be considered SPAM.. In this case it will, but if the content and the way they are promoted are different, I don’t see any problem there… Do you?

Alex Aguilar

July 26, 2011 at 10:04 am

That Google Plus photo hack was particularly cool. Whenever I see something that simple and that creative online I kick myself for not thinking of it first. Mind you, I think that the person who came up with the idea of adding a little graphic to Twitter and Facebook avatars to support a cause is a pioneering genius.

16 DiTesco July 26, 2011 at 1:18 pm

Hi Alex. Yeah, so simple and yet for one reason or another the idea of doing it just slips our mind 🙂 Anyway, it s really a cool idea and I am thinking of doing something like that…. soon 🙂

Melinda

July 29, 2011 at 9:53 pm

That “Where do good ideas come from” was amazing. Watching him draw all that…Wow!