You don’t want to try to rank for every one of your competitors’ keywords. Like most things with SEO, it’s important to be strategic and intentional with your decisions.
In Rand’s Whiteboard Friday video below, he shares his recommended process for understanding your funnel, identifying the right competitors to track, and prioritizing which of their keywords you ought to target.
Which of My Competitor’s Keywords Should (& Shouldn’t ) I Target?
Semantic HTML5 for Content Writers – The Essential Guide
Google and Bing love semantic HTML5, so it is great for SEO! Your competitors probably do not even come close to best practices, so the correct use of semantic HTML5 tags in your content will push you one step ahead in 2018 and beyond.
If you know a little about HTML you will know that HTML tags are (mostly) used to format content; these tags tell the browser how to display the content on the page. Some tags convey semantic information (ie meaning). Here are the most useful tags you need to know for semantic HTML5.
This article provides a simple guide to the essential semantic HTML5 tags that content writers and copywriters should be using to better communicate with Google and Bing (and machines in general).
10 Google Chrome Extensions for Social Media Marketers
Do you want to streamline your social media marketing tasks? Looking for tools that will improve content quality and boost productivity?
#1: Scan Your Blog Posts for Broken Links With Check My Links
#2: Prioritize Daily Tasks With Momentum
#3: Proof Text With Grammarly
#4: Reveal Contacts’ Social Profiles With Discoverly
In this article, you’ll discover 10 Chrome extensions to improve your social media marketing workflows.
And as usual, in no particular order:
Content Creation & Inbound Marketing (SEO, Search, etc)
- How To Write High-Quality Blog Posts For Search Engines and Readers
- A site migration SEO checklist: Don’t lose traffic
- How to Combine SEO & Content for Bigger Wins
- SEO: Enabling Performance beyond Home Page and Brand
- 6 Things New SEO Research Reveals About Content Marketing
Social Media Marketing; Video Marketing & Small Business Resources
- How to co-create value on social media
- 5 Steps to Intelligent Social Media Automation
- How to delete your old Facebook and Twitter posts so they don’t come back to haunt you
- Video marketing: A beginner’s guide
- What content should be made into videos?
On iblogzone.com & more from around the web …
- Marketing Day: Ad testing, making Reddit safer for brands & Snapchat’s Promoted Stories
- SearchCap: Google printed materials, SEO migrations & development servers
- Best Audiobooks For 2017
SEO Tools & More… (aff)
- SEM Сompetitive Research and Business Intelligence Software – Free Trial
- Test Your Site For OnPage SEO
- Marketing Research Library – The #1 Resource for Free Marketing Research, White Papers, Reports, Case Studies, Magazines, and eBooks
That’s it! Enjoy and enjoy the rest of your weekend.