Hi everyone, hope you all had a great and productive week!
Longer, more thorough documents tend to do better in the search results. We know that’s true, but why? And is there a way we can use that knowledge to our advantage?
In Rand’s Whiteboard Friday video below, he explains how Google may be weighting content comprehensiveness and outlines his three-step methodology for gaining an edge over your competitors when it comes to meeting searchers’ needs.
How to Beat Your Competitor’s Rankings with More *Comprehensive* Content
5 Ways to Use Instagram Stories for Business
Are you looking for ways to use Instagram Stories? Want to know what’s working for other businesses? The videos, pictures, and text in Instagram stories help pique your followers’ interest on an authentic and personal level.
In this article, you’ll discover how five businesses are using Instagram Stories and how you can create similar content.
33 Writing Tweaks That Will Turn You into a Copywriting Master
Writing isn’t a talent—it’s a skill. A skill you can develop, refine, and improve. Becoming a great copywriter isn’t easy, but if you consistently work on your writing, your writing will get better and better.
1. Use you instead of we or us
4. Focus on your titles and headings…
5. …but resist clickbait temptations
8. Harness the power of single sentence paragraphs
Here are 33 writing tweaks that will propel you to copywriting mastery.
And as usual, in no particular order:
Content Creation & Marketing/SEO and Search
- A step-by-step guide to developing your 2017 digital marketing strategy
- 8 Keys to Maximizing Your Blog’s Potential
- How to Create Insanely Good Content Part 4: The 13 Box System
- Boost your conversion rate by 45% today… no, really!
- How Many Hashtags Should You Use in a Tweet? A New Study Reveals This and More
Social Media/Small Business Bites
- 5 Common Facebook Ad Mistakes (and How to Fix Them)
- 5 Surprising Reasons To Reconsider Google+ (That You Can Act On Today)
- LinkedIn Sponsored InMail Is Now Available to All Marketers through LinkedIn Campaign Manager
- How Pinterest reached 150 million monthly users (hint: it involves machine learning)
- Facebook takes on LinkedIn with new job opening features
On iblogzone.com & more from around the web …
- Marketing Day: Facebook posting erroneous memorials, Adobe buys TubeMogul & more
- SearchCap: Bing Ads app installs, Google link penalties & Veterans Day
- Marketing Research Library – The #1 Resource for Free Marketing Research, White Papers, Reports, Case Studies, Magazines, and eBooks
That’s it! Enjoy and enjoy the rest of your weekend.