Hi everyone, hope you all had a great and productive week!
Have you ever considered gating your content to get leads? Whether you choose to have open-access content or gate it to gather information, there are benefits and drawbacks you should be aware of.
In Rand`s Whiteboard Friday video below, he weighs the pros and cons of each approach and shares some tips for improving your process, regardless of whichever route you go.
Content Gating: When, Whether, and How to Put Your Content Behind an Email/Form Capture
11 Ways to Grow Your Snapchat Following
Is your business on Snapchat? Looking for ways to attract new followers? One of Snapchat’s biggest challenges is its limited features for getting discovered by other users.
Discover in this article, 11 simple ways to grow your audience on Snapchat.
#1: Connect via Your Address Book
#2: Alert Your Email Subscribers
#3: Add Snapchat to Your Website
#4: Put Your Snapcode on a Storefront Decal
#5: Put Your Snapcode on Your Business Cards
#6: Auto DM Your Snapchat URL
How to dominate local SEO: more challenging in an evolving local search environment
Getting a local business to rank high on Google’s search engine results pages (SERPs) used to be as easy as having a website, getting listed on some online business directories/citation sites and claiming your Google My Business page. Once you did those few simple things, you had an incredible shot at ranking high on Google for local keywords like “plumbers in Austin.”
But those days are long gone. And, columnist Sherry Bonelli explains how recent changes to the local search landscape point to an ever-changing discipline that requires increasingly complex strategies.
And as usual, in no particular order:
Content Creation & Marketing/SEO and Search
- How to Use Search Analytics in Google Sheets for Better SEO Insights
- A Thirty-Day Plan for Gaining 100 Authoritative and Relevant Backlinks to Your New Website
- Video Is Increasingly Important in Content Marketing (Infographic)
- 13 uses for keyword research to help you win in the search engines
- 3 Ways to Identify a Trustworthy SEO Consultant
Social Media/Small Business Bites
- 11 Ways to Get More (Real!) Instagram Followers
- How to Use Pinterest to Boost Holiday Sales
- The Beginner’s Guide to Social Attribution
- 5 ways to increase your holiday sales on Amazon
- Add Products to Facebook Dynamic Ads via URL
On iblogzone.com & more from around the web …
- Marketing Day: Facebook News Feed changes, personalized local content & more
- SearchCap: Google featured snippet failure, Bing radio search & AdWords targets
- Marketing Research Library – The #1 Resource for Free Marketing Research, White Papers, Reports, Case Studies, Magazines, and eBooks
That’s it! Enjoy and enjoy the rest of your weekend.