Hi everyone, hope you all had a great and productive week!
How to Prioritize SEO Tasks & Invest in High-Value Work Items
One thing we can all agree on: there’s a lot to think about when it comes to your SEO tasks. Even for the most organized among us, it can be really difficult to prioritize our to-dos and make sure we’re getting the highest return on them. In Rand’s Whiteboard Friday video below, he tackles the question that’s a constant subtext in every SEO’s mind.
How to Do Curated Content RIGHT: A Step-by-Step Guide
It’s one of the biggest drawbacks of content marketing. How are you supposed to find time to create high quality content? On top of all the other things you need to do, now you need to find the time to create epic posts. These types of posts often take several hours to create. If you’re a small business owner, you have a ton of other things on your plate demanding your attention: customer service, product creation and improvement, social media, and other forms of marketing.
If you’re a marketer of any kind, you know that you’re being asked to create more and more content. Seventy percent of B2B marketers reported that they are creating more content this year. You just don’t have the time for all this. How can you cope up? By curating content (the right way).
Curated content can be used in almost any niche. This is why it can be very powerful. However, not all businesses are successful at curating content. If you do it the wrong way, your readers won’t pay much attention to what you offer, and you won’t get the results you’re after. Luckily, Neil Patel of QuickSprout.com can show you how to do content curation right. In this post, you’ll know which types of curated content you should create as well as how to create them in order to maximize your results when it comes to traffic, shares, and subscribers.
Do Google+ Hashtags Increase Visibility? An Exclusive Study
Hashtags can have different results on different channels, which can be confusing for marketers, which is why using them carefully is vital. Regardless of the channel, hashtags have numerous benefits. Experts agree you should be using hashtags to help you discover trending topics, new content, improve user engagement, gather data, organize conversations, and help gain visibility.
In 2012 when Twitter released “Best Practices for Journalists,” it was found that hashtags “can increase engagement almost 100% (2x) for individuals and 50% (1.5x) for brands.” The question is – Do Google+ hashtags really help increase visibility? Find out on this exclusive study made by SEJ.
And as usual, in no particular order:
Content Creation & Marketing/SEO and Search
- Is Google about to Kill Its Penguin?
- Where Did Google+ Local Go? The Google Places API Change Made Simple
- How To Build Links Using Outreach?
- 5 Overlooked Content Marketing Assets That Can Influence SEO
- The Changing World of SEO & 7 Tips to Stay Ahead
- Google: Don’t Follow Big Sites SEO, They Often Get It Wrong
Social Media/Small Business Bites
- 5 Ways to Manage Your Social Media Presence from Your Phone
- Skip Around The World – two major updates to Periscope
- Google Introduces Text Message Subscription Ads
- Don’t Be Deceived: Fake Reviews Are A Real Marketing Problem
- New app from Facebook that delivers notifications right on your lock screen
More from around the web …
- Marketing Day: DoubleClick Updates, Yandex Takes Fight Against Google & A Video Ads Study
- SearchCap: Google Updates Local Guides, Bing Rewards On MSN & New AdWords Tests
- 15 Smarter ways to use Google Alerts
- SEO & Inbound Marketing – Inbound Marketing News, Insights, Trends, Tips and more
That’s it! Enjoy, have a great weekend!