Hi everyone! Hope you all had a great and productive week. This week, Blind five Year Old made a very interesting question that prompted Matt to announce that Google is working on some changes that will help the search engine determine better when a site is an authority on a topic. While he did not go into specifics, he did mention that he’s “looking forward to seeing them role out.” Hmmm, don’t know about you, but I too am looking forward to seeing what kind of changes (if any) will impact search results.
How does Google separate popularity from authority?
And talking about changes, Google has spooked a lot of people with all the recent “actions” they have been taking to fight SPAM. The latest in case you’ve missed it is all about the Guest Blogging action they took against MBG. This coupled with a lot of other “manual actions” they having been taking has got everyone asking whether or not it is still OK to worry about link building. Well, for as long as you know how to do it properly, yes it is. Watch the video below to have an idea on how to do it.
The Rules of Link Building – Whiteboard Friday
And as usual, in no particular order:
Content Creation & Marketing/SEO and Search
- Complete Guide To Universal Analytics – Should You Upgrade?
- The Ultimate Guide to Repurposing Content: 12 Ways to Extend the Life of Every Article You Write
- 3 Ways to Expand Your Content Marketing Strategy Beyond Blog Posts
- 7 videos you’ll hate to miss if you do online marketing
- Google Manual Web Spam Action or Algorithm Change?
Social/Small Business Bites
- How to Use Hashtags to Increase Your Online Presence
- 10 Ways To Get Traffic Like Buzzfeed (Without Paying For It)
- 20+ Awesome Ways to Get More Followers for Your Google Plus Business Page
- How to Rebrand Your Social Media Accounts
More from around the web…
That’s it! Enjoy and have a great weekend!