Hi everyone, hope you all had a great and productive week! This week undoubtedly the most noteworthy news is that of the World Cup opening in Brazil. Not sure if you are a football enthusiasts, but here where I am (Brazil), we go crazy when it comes to football competitions. The obvious aside (LOL), which country do you think will win the cup? Are you a World Cup or football fan? Did you know that many are saying that FIFA Fanatics will make the world cup the most social sporting event ever?
And speaking of World Cup, here´s the #1 YouTube video ads from April…
OK, now that I got the World Cup thing out of the way, let’s get back to the usual.
Barnacle SEO: Leveraging Other Sites’ Rankings
This week, Rand from Moz.com talks about Barnacle SEO. When ranking for incredibly competitive keywords just isn’t a possibility, you can be like a barnacle on a ship, attaching yourself to the big sites that are. Essentially, the idea is to attach oneself to a large fixed object and collecting benefit as the currents bring it.
Check out the 10 Strategies to Build Links Without Content: A Curated Guide
And as usual, in no particular order:
Content Creation & Marketing/SEO and Search
- A Guide to Creating Content in the Formats Your Audience Loves
- 5 Ways to Beat Content Marketing Overload
- Google Launching Payday Loan Algorithm 3.0 Targeting Spammy Queries This Week
- SEO Myths 27 Experts Say to Stop Buying
Social/Small Business Bites
- How to Use Google Plus for Marketing
- Social Media 101: 30 Things You Should Avoid Doing on Social Media
- The Best Chrome Extensions for SEO (and Life In General)
- Why Social Proof Can Boost Online Conversions
More from around the web & offers of the week …
- Marketing Day: ESPN Winning World Cup, Twitter Taps Bing Translation, Daily Show Mocks Glass
- Unofficial Guide to Feedly: Better Than Google Reader
That’s it! Enjoy and have a great weekend!
One thought on “World Cup 2014, Barnacle SEO, Link Building Guide, Speedlink 25:2014”
I just left a link to this round up in this post – thanks for putting a quality roound up together!
Comments are closed.