Hi everyone, hope you all had a great and productive week! This week, Google’s John Mueller announced that they are making some major changes in how the search results appear around authorship. If you recall, one of the “highlights” of the search listings with authorship was that it showed images and circle counts of the profile associated in Google+. “Mueller said that the click-through behavior on this new less-cluttered design is similar to the previous one.” While the pictures may disappear from the search results it appears that Google will simply feature the author’s name in light grey as shown in this example:
Creator features coming to YouTube
If you are a Youtube creator and have been quite successful with it, you should know that among the many new YouTube features they will soon launch is the so called “Fan Funding”.
Here´s an excerpt of the official announcement.
Fan Funding: Your fans aren’t just watching your videos, they’re also helping support your channel through services like KickStarter, IndieGogo, Patreon and more. We’ll be adding another option for you, where fans will be able to contribute money to support your channel at any time, for any reason. A handful of creators are testing this feature soon on desktop and Android, including Dulce Delight, Fitness Blender, The Healthcare Triage, The King of Random, Soul Pancake, Steve Spangler Science, The Young Turks, and Thug Notes. If you’re interested in trying it on your channel, sign up here.
8 Ways to Use Email Alerts to Boost SEO – Whiteboard Friday
And this week, Rand of Moz walks through some of the best link opportunities which can be discovered by setting up email alerts for various things that are published on the web. He runs through eight types of alerts that you can implement today for improved SEO. Cool!
Content Creation & Marketing/SEO and Search
- Blogging 101: Traffic Generation for Blogs on a Budget
- Competitive Analysis: The Most Valuable SEO Tactic You Ignore [Data]
- SEO 101, Part 3: Keyword Research Planning
- 4 Content Marketing Strategies You Might be Neglecting
Social/Small Business Bites
- Google is quietly testing a service for registering website domains
- How to Calculate the ROI of Your Social Media Campaigns
- How Facebook Fans Can Inform Your Content Marketing Strategies
- 7 Ways To Serve Your Customers On Social Media After The Sale
More from around the web …
- Marketing Day: Google+ A Referral Graveyard, Watchdog Targets YouTube, Facebook Page Engagement Up
- New Facebook Column Ads: This Week in Social Media
That’s it! Enjoy and have a great weekend!