Hi everyone! Hope you all had a great week. SEOMoz has recently released the results of its SEO industry survey for 2012. This survey (which I also have participated in), reveals some interesting data where SEO professionals and internet marketers responded to, during the survey. If you are interested in knowing what SEOs and IMs are using as their top SEO tools (e.g. analytics tools, keyword research tools, outreach tools, etc.), among other things, this survey is a must read.
Some highlights worth looking at:
Top 5 analytics tools as % of respondents
- 93% Google Analytics
- 16% WordPress Stats
- 13% Omniture
Top 5 keyword research tools
- 88.3% Google AdWords
- 58.6% Google Insights
- 20.2% SEMRush
Top 5 content marketing and outreach tools
- 74% Twitter
- 53% LinkedIn
- 45% Google’s Insights for Search
On a different forefront, but yet again from SEOMoz, is the YouTube contest results that have been released. The objective of the contest was to “provide” tips on just about anything, using video and no longer than 2 minutes. One of the winning entries is this cool Video SEO tip by Ronnie Bincer of http://www.videoleadsonline.com/. Other winning entries can be found here (good stuff over there).
Finally, and this is just a reminder, the CommentLuv Premium “festival” (aff link) has started. If you ever wanted to get your hands on this awesome plugin, now may be the right time to do so. Andy is running a “dime sale” and it is going for a little less than $23 (for the unlimited license version). Do the math, CLP is an 8 in one plugin. Add another 4 premium plugins Andy is giving away, and that totals 12 plugins. Something like $2 a pop. And there’s more .. Check it out!
As usual, in no particular order:
Content Marketing/Small Business Bites
- 600+ Places to Share Your Content and Get MORE Traffic…
- Google AdWords – Easy Tips for Bloggers and Small Business Owners
- 33 Things to Ask Before Hitting Publish
- 7 Big Mistakes New Affiliate Marketers Make
- 21 Most Bankable Freelance Writers On The Web
- Dominate Your Personal Brand On Google With This 14 Point Checklist
- 50+ Things Every Link Builder Needs To Know
- Creating the Perfect LinkedIn Profile to Generate Leads
- Facebook Marketing Mistakes: What to Avoid and Why
Social Web/Other Cool Stuff
- Is Now the Time For Smaller Niche Social Media Platforms?
- 6 Must-Have Attributes of Social Media Managers
- How to Schedule Your Pins to Pinterest Board with Pingraphy
- Top 5 Free WordPress Themes of the Month – August 2012 Edition
Manage Your emails and Social Network in One Account
Have you heard about MyLife.com before? If you have multiple email accounts, you can now connect and manage your email addresses, plus get all your social networking updates in just one spot.
That’s it! Enjoy and have a great weekend.