Hi everyone! Hope you all had a great week. This week, aside from the “normal” news surrounding Google, FaceBook, Pinterest, and all that tech stuff, there were some in particular that called my attention. These include, Google’s apparent makeover of its search results, Matt Cutt’s announcing on SXSW that they will attempt to “level the playing field” between webmasters that build quality content versus webmasters who are just really aggressive SEOs and, lastly, the all important need for speed and making your website mobile friendly.
Need for speed and website mobile friendliness continues to be an issue that you, an online business owner, should really pay attention to. A recent study by OnlineGraduatePrograms, reveals staggering and mind boggling information about how Americans have gone impatient when it comes to “waiting” for answers online. This infographic of Instant America will show you some fast figures like, what impact can 4/10ths of a second can mean in today’s fast speed browsing. Go ahead, just take a look at it and come back 🙂 While it is a study about American browsing habits, I think that the world pretty much shares the same sentiment.
And, speaking about habits, mobile browsing is and continues to play an important role for your online business. Under Google’s initiative, GoMo will test you site and answer questions about whether or not your online business has a mobile-friendly site, as well as providing you with some tips on how to make it so.
Anyway, and as usual, in no particular order:
- A Quick and Dirty Guide to Optimizing Your +1 Button for Speed, Placement and Conversion
- How Garbage Ranks in the SERPs: a Case Study
- SEO Experts Discuss Link Building for Affiliates
- The Art Of Content Marketing
Blogging/Online Business (tips and tools)
- 10 Types of Killer Filler Content for Your Blog
- 5 Powerful Ways To Open Your Next Blog Post …or Fix Your Old Ones
- How to Get Bloggers to Reply to Your Comments
- 5 Practical Tips on Building a Successful Blog
Social Web/Other Stuff
- How to Run a Twitter Campaign the Right Way
- Facebook Interest List : A hidden Gem for Online Marketers
- 9 Essential WordPress Resources You Should Be Subscribed To
- How to Track Your Website’s Content on Pinterest
Google Engage – Making Mobile Friendly Websites
That’s it! Enjoy and have a great week ahead.