Hi everyone! Hope you all had a great week. Well, this week, one of the “hottest” topics definitely goes to the viral video released by “Invisible Children”, Kony 2012, which had 58 million views on YT in just 4 days (now 63 million+). Kony 2012 is a half-hour video campaign about Ugandan warlord Joseph Kony, the leader of the rebel Lord’s Resistance Army (LRA), and alleged atrocities his army has committed since the 1980s. Such video has raised some questions whether or not the message caused positive or negative impact. Regardless, “Invisible Children” has been able to finally send the message across, and this is just for you to have an idea how powerful the internet today really is (you do know that already, right?). Anyway, don’t know about you, but I had no idea (sad but true), who this guy was before. Hope they catch him, if they have not already.
On a side note, I am sure that you have heard about content curation before. You may also have noticed the impact of “infographics” lately. Just like anything else, there are now infographics all over the place and some are good and some are well, not so good. Infographics are visual images of information that can be extremely valuable and nearly all of them are encouraged by the owner to “share” freely on the web (don’t forget the attribution). If you are struggling with content creation, using relevant and related infographics to create some post can be a good idea (hint).
Anyway, since there are way too many of them right now, I started a new site that “curates” infographics, which are targeted to SEO, Social Networking, Blogging and related topics. Not sure where it is going yet, but the experiment relates to getting “ranked” well only by the proper use of keywords, site structure and minor inbound marketing techniques. I will let you know about the outcome within a month. Just another “niche” I am getting on, and at the same time giving you an idea you can maybe work on 🙂
As usual, in no particular order.
Blogging/Online Business (tips and tools)
- How To Sell More Ads On Your Blog entrepreneurs-journey.com
- 9 Hard-Hitting Content Strategies for Small Business Blogging quicksprout.com
- Should Your Blog Be on a Separate Domain? searchengineoptimizationjournal.com
- How Successful Entrepreneurs Rig the Game comluv.com
- Content Strategy Generator Tool seogadget.co.uk (awesome)
- 4 Proven Reasons You Should Quit Building Links for SEO trafficgenerationcafe.com
- Pin A Quote lets you convert text into an image for easy sharing on Pinterest thenextweb.com
- How to Get More Traffic from YouTube basicblogtips.com
Social Web/Other Stuff
- 21 Warning Signs You’re Becoming a Social Media Snob copyblogger.com
- 15 Creative Tips to Rock Your Timeline Cover Photo for Facebook Pages wchingya.com
- ‘Klout for Pinterest’ Scores Your Influence and Popularity mashable.com
- 10 Awesome Blogs using BlogSkin for Thesis Theme www.famousbloggers.net
Cloaking: What Is It and Why It Violates Google Quality Guidelines
That’s it! Enjoy and have a great week ahead.