Straight answer? It depends. SEO or search engine optimization as you may already know is all about improving your visibility to search engines with the objective of getting good rankings on search results. It is part of your marketing campaign and without a doubt those who implement proper and ethical SEO techniques, will outrank those that do not.
While SEO may not be as complicated as it seems to be, the truth is, it does require some minor technical knowledge and an awful lot of effort on your part, specially if your doing business online. Search engines algorithms changes constantly and while there may be some factors that remain important and unchanged, there is always the matter of what works today may simply cease to work tomorrow. Take meta keywords for example. The importance of such, is virtually driven down to zero. Depending on what you want to achieve and the time you have to spare on conducting proper SEO campaigns, come a time where you may want to let go of the DIY method and outsource some tasks for you.
Below are some reasons, in my opinion, why you may need to outsource your SEO work:
- You don’t have the time to worry about optimizing your website
- Despite your efforts and many hours of reading How to’s, you simply don’t know what to do,
- You have tried and tried doing it yourself, and yet nothing seems to work and frustration starts to build up
- Your website is already established and you have many pages that need attention
- You are lost with all the changes that are happening that may affect your rankings
- You prefer using your time and dedicate yourself to more pressing issues
- There are just way to many things involved in SEO (on-page and off-page), e.g., keyword research, content optimization, link building, marketing, Social media, etc..
- You are afraid to make changes, that might affect your rankings
- There are methods that you prefer doing yourself, but there are others that you don’t
- Too technical for you
- and, the list can go on..
The next obvious question is, who will you choose to be your partner for your SEO campaign? There is really no direct response to that question, but there is a way to narrow it down. Pricing for example, although a deal breaker, is not necessarily the most important. Proven track record, innovative services, credible recommendations, good established portfolio, testimonials, great support, among other things, are equally important when choosing your business partner.
For example. Mercedes Benz and Bayer are working with OrangeLine. That alone tells you something, does it not? Their services, aside from all things SEO, includes the so called OSA, or Organic Search Accelerator. Essentially, OSA is a system that uses market data matched to targeted business goals in order to ensure a site’s search result listing is always at the top of search indexes such as Google. All this while maximizing ROI with minimal client input. What does that tell you? A time saver. Time is money, and if you take that into account, you will see that at the end of the day, the investment you make to outsource for your SEO is totally worth it.
Anyway, bear in mind that not everyone requires to outsource for their online marketing campaigns. You can always give it a go yourself, but if for some reason you fit in one of the categories listed above, then you may consider that it is time to outsource your SEO and do only what you do best, run your business :).