Hi everyone, hope you all had a great and productive week!
Should you ditch keyword targeting entirely? There’s been a lot of discussion around the idea of focusing on broad topics and concepts to satisfy searcher intent, but it’s a big step to take and could potentially hurt your rankings.
In Ran’s Whiteboard Friday below, he discusses old-school keyword targeting and new-school concept targeting, outlining a plan of action you can follow to get the best of both worlds.
Can SEOs Stop Worrying About Keywords and Just Focus on Topics?
How to Win on Facebook: 8 Lessons Learned From Analyzing 1 Billion Posts
If you want to know what works when it comes to marketing, you need to study the competition. This includes not only the strong competition, but the weak ones as well. By studying the competition, you can determine why the best succeed, and why the others fail in their efforts.
With that said, The BuzzSumo team decided to compile as much data as possible on marketing on Facebook, and then complete an in-depth analysis. Overall, they analyzed over 1 billion Facebook posts and came up with findings that will change the way you market on Facebook. BuzzSuma was kind enough to share the data of their findings with Neil of QuickSprout.com. From this, Neil walks us through the data, break down the findings, and lets us know exactly how to should use them.
Just for you to have an idea of why FaceBook and not one of the other countless social networks out there…
1. The best time to post isn’t when you think it is
2. Certain types of posts perform over 5 times better than others
3. Sunday is a special day, especially for businesses on Facebook
and more… Read the full article here.
9 Productivity Tools for Social Media Marketers
Are you a busy social media marketer? Looking for tools that will save you time? Using the right tools to stay focused and work more efficiently will help you get more done in a day. In this article, from SocialMediaExaminer.com, you’ll discover nine productivity tools for busy marketers. These tools can help you…
#1: Save Content Inspiration for Later
#2: Block Distracting Websites
#3: Create Canned Email Responses
#4: Secure Account Log In Credentials
#5: Automate Recurring Tasks
And finally, in case you’ve missed it, PoweredTemplates and iblogzone have teamed up and are running a giveaway which you can participate right here.
And as usual, in no particular order:
Content Creation & Marketing/SEO and Search
- Your WordPress Yoast SEO Cheat Sheet
- 5 Types of Content Worth Investing in This Year
- One Thing Is Killing Content Marketing and Everyone Is Ignoring It
- Moving a Website from a Static Home Page to Your Latest Posts
- 3 Social Media Engagement Techniques That Work
Social Media/Small Business Bites
- 15 Chrome Extensions Social Media Marketer Must Have In Their Toolbox
- The Ultimate Guide to Facebook Carousel Ads
- 3 Reasons Not To Run Facebook Ads
- Instagram Now Supports Multiple Accounts For Some iOS And Android Users
- How to Stay Focused on Your Goals – [The Ultimate Guide]
More from around the web …
- Marketing Day: Content Marketing, YouTube Super Bowl Ad Views & LinkedIn Earnings
- SearchCap: Google Japan Penalty, AdWords App Update & Emojis In Google PLAs
- Inbound Marketing And Social Media – Resources, insights, news and trends to help small businesses grow
That’s it! Enjoy and have a great week ahead.