Hi everyone! Hope you all had a great and productive week. This week on Google Webmaster Help, a very interesting question came up for Matt Cutts to respond. The question was…
How can smaller sites with superior content ever rank over sites with superior traffic? It’s a vicious circle: A regional or national brick-and-mortar brand has higher traffic, leads to a higher rank, which leads to higher traffic, ad infinitum.
Essentially, Matt says “start small” to “grow big” by providing superior content. Wow! Did any of you knew that? I think Rand already knew.
The Greatest Misconception in Content Marketing
Vic Gundotra Departs Google+
Also this week, Vic Gundotra, the “father” of Google+, announced that he is leaving Google after eight years with the company. +Ana Hoffman shared a post that covers very well this “breaking news”.
Twitter Rolls Out New Profile Look
And finally, the “big news” from Twitter. They just rolled out the new twitter profile look for everyone.
If you don’t have the new look yet, you can go here and force Twitter do change your look.
And as usual, in no particular order:
Content Creation & Marketing/SEO and Search
- How to Conduct a Content Audit on Your Site
- When It Comes To Instagram, Your Analytics Is Lying
- 12 Types of Blog Posts to Drive More Traffic to Your Blog
- LinkedIn Launches Sponsored Updates API and Partner Programs
Social/Small Business Bites
- 50 Expert Tips for Getting Started on Social Media
- Google Adds New Features To The Keyword Planner Tool
- The Reasons Why Blogging for Profit over Passion Will Lead You to Failure
- The Scientific Guide to Pinterest Marketing: How to Create Popular Images for More Pins and Better Conversion
More from around the web…
That’s it! Enjoy and have a great weekend!