Hi everyone! Hope you all had a great week. So what’s up with this “Social Cold War” happening between some major social networks? Most notable this week goes to Facebook vs Twitter, which as you probably know, have been exchanging “favors” lately (see also Instagram standoff). Twitter, which announced its recent acquisition of Vine, has reportedly been slapped by Facebook recently. According to Mashable, a request to search for Facebook friends on Vine now yields a pop-up message indicating that the app is not authorized to make the Facebook request. What do you guys think about all this. Will this be good for the users? Social sharing between networks is starting to close more and more. After all, and at the end of the day, it’s just business..
Speaking of Vine. Twitter officially announced 2 days ago the following:
Today, we’re introducing Vine: a mobile service that lets you capture and share short looping videos. Like Tweets, the brevity of videos on Vine (6 seconds or less) inspires creativity. Now that you can easily capture motion and sound, we look forward to seeing what you create.
6 Seconds? Wow, that definitely requires a lot of creativity. Anyway, here’s an example of a “micro-video” that shows you #howto make a steak tartare in just 6 seconds (posted by Twitter’s CEO). OK, I’m not going to try this. Not a steak tartare fan
— dick costolo (@dickc) January 23, 2013
Finally, here’s an interesting video from Rand that discusses what makes content unique in the eyes of the crawlers, and the bane of duplicate content.
As usual, in no particular order:
- 10 Simple Things SMB Websites Need To Fix Before SEO
- The Ultimate Guide to Advanced Guest Blogging
- Are You Making These Common Website Navigation Mistakes?
- How to Use Article Marketing Effectively for Traffic Generation and SEO
Content Marketing/Small Business Bites
- Is Your Business Guilty of These 6 Blogging Mistakes?
- 10 Content Experts Weigh in on Author Rank in 2013: Part I
- 5 Step Guide To Set Up Your Content Marketing Strategy in 2013
- AuthorRank for Brands
More Cool Stuff and Other Roundups
- Are You Too Lazy To Be A Successful Blogger?
- How to Drive More Twitter Traffic to Your Blog with WordTwit
- Yahoo’s Mayer: “In The Future You Become The Query”
That’s it! Enjoy, have a great weekend!