Hi everyone! Hope you all had a great week. With all the Panda and Penguin recovery advises popping out almost every day, the one thing that seems to be a general sentiment within the SEO community is that of building awareness and quality links via guest blogging. Guest blogging as you know has tremendous benefits, and now more so, due to the recent algorithm updates that Google unleashed recently. While this is so, you should know that as with anything else, guest blogging has to be done right. This applies to both the guest blogger and the “host”. With that said, the links about “content” this week will be all about guest blogging (includes some of my own). Highly recommended read. In addition, Rand’s whiteboard Friday this week mentions about how to use the power of commenting as an inbound marketing tactic.
On a different forefront, I don’t if you guys heard about Brandify yet. Brandify, sponsored by Microsoft, is all about managing your online brand. I am not so sure where all this is going, but I have a feeling that it will eventually play an important role in the future. Microsoft has been quietly doing a lot of things, lately (So.cl). See how your brand stands, its free!
Finally, Fancy.com, a sort of Pinterest like platform with a twist, is a new site that is part store, blog, magazine and wishlist. According to them, it’s a place to discover great stuff, to curate a collection of things you love, to get updates on your favorite brands and stores and to share your discoveries. If you are curious, check it out.
As usual, in no particular order:
Comment Marketing as an Inbound Tactic
- How to Evaluate Guest Post Opportunities
- 5 Qualities of a Perfect Guest Blogger
- Guest Writers Best Practices, Your 5 Guest Posting Duties
- Four Things Blog Owners Should Avoid Doing With Guest Authors
- Are You Someone’s User-Generated Content?
- What Is The REAL Reason People Do NOT Succeed Online?
- Un-Boring Blenders: 3 Tips To Improve Your Affiliate Marketing Sales
- Introducing Webmaster Academy(great for beginners)
Social Web/Other Cool Stuff
- 9 Practical Tips to Improve Your Facebook Page Performance
- Stop confusing social media marketing with advertising on social sites
- 7 Things to Stop Sharing on Social Media
- The Top WordPress Related Blogs On The Internet
Around the Web [more roundups]
- 19 Link Building Posts From May – Beating The Post Penguin Blues
- Marketing Day: June 1, 2012
- This Week in Social Media
What happens if I link to a good page that later becomes spammy?
That’s it! Enjoy and have a great weekend.