Google’s algorithm changes, as usual are intended to improve search quality. Some of the most noteworthy changes include, improvements on “Rich Snippets” and a minor tweak on its Penguin update. There’s really plenty to digest, so if you want to learn more, SearchEngineLand.com provides some insights about these recent changes.
Bing (Microsoft), on the other has been doing some changes of its own and has made a dramatic change in its webmaster tools. There are so many new features that I decided to write up a quick post about it yesterday. In this article, you will see a video from Rand Fishkin of SEOMoz and Duane Forrester of Bing, walking you through the new tools that have been added on its suite. If you liked the former Yahoo site explorer, or want to know about some SEO improvements that you can do on the fly, you would really want to know what Bing has for you. I have to admit that I liked (a lot) the new features. Also, be sure to check out the original post and browse through the comments section. Duane has been actively responding and interacting with the community over there. There might just be some few “hidden” tips you may pick along the way.
Lastly, I am sure that you have heard about the LinkedIn breach recently. Right after that, it was also reported that eHarmony and Last.fm appeared to have been compromised by spammers gaining access to users passwords. Sadly, these type of breaches happen and the best way to protect yourself is by immediately changing your passwords (if you have an account with affected sites), and do remember to make them strong. This article although a bit old, shows you a way to create strong passwords effectively.
As usual, in no particular order:
Content/Online Business Bites
- Since When Are Blogs Not Social Media?
- How Content Curation Can Improve Your Search Rankings
- Why Business Owners Rank Better Than SEOers and 5 Things You Can Learn From Them
- 6 Persuasion Secrets Every Affiliate Marketer Should Know
- The Top Secret Method for Marketing Effectively on Reddit
- Official Google Recommendations for building smartphone-optimized websites
- Link Building From Scratch
- How To Get Back on Track After the Penguin Update
Social Web/Other Cool Stuff
- Enhance YouTube Videos with Annotations, Social Engagement, and More (free plugin – amazing)
- 10 Tips to Power Up Your Facebook Page with ShortStack Custom Apps
- ShareThis Unveils New Solutions for Publishers That Bring Social Quality Index to Life
Around the Web [more roundups]
Is Google Analytics data a factor in a page’s ranking?
This video is also a bit old, but the answer remains the same as of today, as confirmed by Matt Cutts this week on SMX. Another SEO myth dispelled.
That’s it! Enjoy and have a great weekend.